Chapter 6

I saw Evan walk away from Felecia, and the blonde headed girl, and I sighed in relief. As much as I wanted to see Felecia scare the crap out of Evan and the blonde headed girl, I didn’t want Evan to get yelled at. In a way, I forgave him for cheating on me. The ache in my chest when I thought about him was so intense, I just wanted him back and to pretend it never happened.  The bell rang, and all the students went to their classes. I slowly walked to the Science Center, my heels sinking into the green grass. I saw Jade walk beside me.

  “You’ll be okay, I promise,” she said and squeezed my shoulder affectionately.

  “I bet there are a thousand rumors already,” I sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

   “Well…That doesn’t matter,” she smiled lightly.

   Jade was one of Felecia’s friends, and then soon became my friend. She had hazel catlike eyes that were covered in brown eyeliner, and honey blonde hair. Some people said we looked like sisters, but we ignored it.

   “What have they been saying?” I asked.

    “Uh…Look ,” she said, and pointed in the direction.

   There on the stairs up to the Science Center was Evan, with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.  He looked at me, and I saw a tiny smile come to the corner of his lips. My heart raced, and I forced myself to walk a normal pace instead of running to him like I wanted too. I tried to keep my eyes a boring look in them, and be calm and cool.

  “Hey,” he said, as I walked by him.

   “Hey,” I said, hoping I sounded calm.

   “How have you been?” He asked, a look of concern passed across his face.

    “I’ve been better. You?”  I said coldly.

   “I’m sorry, Andyln, I’m so sorry…” he said and he trailed off. I saw him swallow, and offer me flowers.

   I felt my head shaking back and forth, “No…Just no. I’m sorry, but you hurt me,” I responded and looked down, stupid tears in my eyes.

   “I know, but we can work it out, right?” He pleaded, his eye brows pulling together.

  “Evan, you hurt me. I saw you and that blonde girl today , I saw that thing walking up to you today, she obviously doesn’t know that you and her aren’t together anymore. I’m not taking you back, Evan,” My voice got thick, and I took a deep breath.

  I turned and walked away. I’ve never been the kind to stand up for myself, I’ve always been the kind to just let people walk on me. But if this is what standing up for yourself feels like-terrible- it sucked completely.

Freedomजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें