Chapter 8

“But, I don’t want to go,” I complained as Felecia walked in my walk in closet.

  “You need to live,” she stated as she picked out my outfit.

    I sighed and applied Crème Riche Rich Butter on my face, and unwrapped the towel on my head that was holding up my hair. It was Friday, and my plan was to stay home and mope from the event that happened earlier today with Evan.  But Felecia came over in a black silk top that fit her curves perfectly from Alice + Olivia and a pair of Citizens and Humanity skinny jeans, and Larimore Metallic Suede pumps also from Alice + Olivia. I, in my comfortable sweatpants by Zoe, had no intention of going to a party at Ryan’s house tonight. I started combing my hair, wishing Felecia would just go by herself instead of wanting me to go with her, but she’s always been there for me, so I have to be there for her.

   “Here,” she said, laying the dress on my bed.

    I eyed the dress it was from Parker, a Leather-Bustier dress. It was black on the chest, then the rest was white. It was really adorable, but I didn’t want to put it on, or my high heels. I wanted to stay home and get fat and work out the next morning. She walked in my closet and pulled out shoes from  B Brian Atwood shoes which were Patent Peep toes, which were white.

   “You need to get out of the house more, I promise we won’t stay late,” she smiled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It was now one o’ clock in the morning, sadly. The music was so loud that I could feel it vibrate through my whole body. Warm bodies pressed against me, and I could feel the cool night breeze as the door was opening and shutting as more people arrived.  Felecia walked from crowd to crowd, and got everyone’s eyes in the room. I saw girls’ eye her with envy as she got attention from every guy in the room.  I walked into the kitchen, I didn’t like drinking, it all tasted weird. But I needed to relax, if that was even possible.

   “I didn’t think of you as the party type,” I heard someone say behind me.

  I turned around and saw Jace, I felt a rush of relief wash over my body. And it was weird, what was he doing here?

   “What are you doing here?” I asked, downing another shot, trying to relax.

   “I’m friends with Ryan,” he responded, grabbing himself a cup of spiked punch.

    “And no, I’m not really the party type,” I said, leaning my hip against the counter.

  “I figured,” he laughed, his brown eyes lighting up, “What are you doing here then?”

   “My friend Felecia dragged me into this,” I said, whininess crept into my voice.

   “Want me to take you home?” He offered, his car keys in his hand.

I smiled for the first time that night, “Yes,” I said, and started walking toward the door.