Chapter 14

Back to Andyln’s POV….               

     I looked all around in my closet, trying to find what to wear. I tied my hair in a messy bun out of aggravation, I had an hour to get ready and be there at Starbucks for Jace. I didn’t want to dress like I was “going to meet the president or something”. Even though I always dressed like that, it was weird for him to observe what I was wearing.

   Thirty minutes later, I finally decided on something: skinny jeans from Theory, my black pumps from Gucci, and a dark red long sleeve that clung to me, but not that bad, from Bailey 44. I took my hair out of its messy bun, and saw as it fell on my shoulders in long waves. I plugged in my straighter, and straightened it, liking the feeling that I’m trying to make an effort to get pretty for someone.

    A wave of guilt passed over me, should I be going to see Jace? Would Felecia get mad at me, and would she find out? I should’ve told her about him, but at the same time, I didn’t want to. He was my friend first, but if I told her that, she would throw her head back and laugh with an amazing smile on her face. I unplugged the straightener, deciding that it didn’t matter.  I walked down the stairs, knowing my parents were both gone out for dinner tonight, so I didn’t have to tell anyone where I was going.

  I needed to relax; nothing bad was going to happen.

_________________________________________________________________

    I sat in my car in the parking lots at Starbucks, trying to calm my beating heart. I felt dumb, and even overdressed, which I never felt overdressed. It was seven ten, maybe he forgot about me, I thought and suddenly panicked. I took a deep breath, and got out of my car, shutting it and locking it.

   I walked in and saw him sitting on a bar stool. The lights were dimmed, and he looked gorgeous.  He was wearing an orange shirt, and dark jeans. He looked up, and a smile lit on his face. He put down his guitar, and rushed over to me. I smelled his faint cologne, and he gave me a quick hug.

   “I’m glad you came,” he said, and looked up and down at my outfit and smiled.

     “Thanks, when are you going to start playing?” I asked.

    “A song by John Butler Trio called Ocean,” he said as he walked to the front of Starbucks.

   I saw him sit on his stool and expertly hold his guitar, and it begun. It started out slow; I saw his fingers moving slowly, the beat flowing carelessly like him. It was building up, his fingers started moving faster, and his foot tapping faster. He looked completely focused, as if it was only him and the guitar in the room and not a single person. He slowed down, his fingers only going on two cords, I realized he was really quick with his hands; all of a sudden he strummed, and stopped. Everyone clapped and I joined along with them with a smile on my face.