Chapter 11

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, “What?” I asked, suddenly not hungry anymore.

  “Yeah, he’s super adorable too, dark brown hair, strong cheek bones, warm brown eyes…” She went on and I tuned her out.

   How did she even meet him? My heart raced, and my head was spinning. Was it that last party I went to and we hung out after that? I never did tell Felecia about Jace, I knew she would say something bad about him, like she does every guy most of the time. Why was she so interested in him all of a sudden?

  “I know him,” I interrupted what she was saying.

   Her eyes lit up, “How?” She asked, trying to get information about him.

   I briefly told her how I met him and he drove me home, and how we hung out after the party she forcefully dragged me to. In a way I was thankful, because I actually did hang out with him. Her expression seemed tense, which I knew that wasn’t a good sign. Technically, in girl world, I did call dibs on him, right? Or does anyone even care about that anymore. I wasn’t even sure if I liked him or not, but in a way, my head told me to back down, let Felecia have him. But a part of me said no, I didn’t want to stop hanging out with him, or lose him as a friend. Besides, I was not going to let a guy ruin me and my best friend’s friendship. Neither was she, right?

  “I saw him at the party, and we talked for a little bit. But he seemed distracted, I need him to focus only on me, so I’ll have to work on him about that too,” she grinned happily.

    “He’s fine the way he is,” I said a little defensive about him.

   “Not exactly, he looks good, but I need to help him with his personality, and the stuff he wears. He was wearing Converse! Why do guys, even everyone, wear those things?” She exclaimed, over exaggerating.

   I sort of liked the fact he had his own way of dressing. The only thing I saw all day were guys dressing in Ralph Lauren or something by a famous name brand. It was nice to have someone that didn’t care about what you look like or what shoes you’re wearing or from what brand.

   “Do you like him?” She asked, having an amused gleam in her eye.

    I shrugged, and stared down at my half ate sandwich.  I didn’t want her changing Jace, yes his posture, driving, and him not caring bothered me, but he was him. I realized I needed to make him not see Felecia as much as possible, and keep her away from him. I had to protect him against my own best friend.