Chapter Two

Sky's POV
-------------
When I arrived home Papa was waiting for me.
"Skylar I hate to do this to you but your going to wear a dress to the party tonight,"he said. I cringed at that word.
"I hate dresses,"I argued.
"All the young lasses wear them. That is how you earn the fellows,"he reminded me.
"Maybe I'm different,"I wined.
"My dear girl you are beautiful in every way but I want you to look your best for Bilbo,"he begged.
"For Bilbo,"I squeaked.
"Yes don't you think he'd enjoy the fact that you only wore a dress to his party. "Don't you think he'll be proud. He's already been bragging about you helping in his garden and keeping him company when he's alone,"he commented.
"Really,"I asked amazed at the fact that he was bragging on me.
"Really. He said that you are one of the sweetest hobbit lasses that has ever lived in the Shire. He said you have the most amazing imagination. He even told me how you stole Frodo's heart,"he promised. I gasped at the fact that Frodo liked me. Papa obviously saw my surprised face.
"Wait you didn't know,"he questioned. I nodded.
"Oops!"he said,"you best not tell."
"I won't,"I promised still shocked at the fact that someone liked me.
"I laid the dress your going to wear on the bed,"he informed me. I walked into my room to find a light green dress that went down to my ankles. I quickly put it on then I brushed my hair out and braided it. I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in,"I said staring intently at the door. I watched as Sam gasped as he saw me.
"I brought you some flowers for your hair,"he squeaked.
"Thank you,"I said as I took a bundle of white flowers out of his hands and shooed him away. I quickly made a headdress out of the flowers. When I was finished I carefully placed the flower crown on my head then walked down the hall to show Papa. Sadly him and Sam had already left. I exited the house and quickly closed the door behind me then strolled down the road to where the party was being held. I was welcomed by Bilbo who gave me a shocked but proud look. I smiled. Then he leaned over and whispered in my ear,"Your going to have all the boys asking to dance with you. I believe your one of the prettiest lasses here. I can already see the lads drooling." I giggled. Surly I wasn't that pretty. He was probably just picking on me like he always does. I saw Merry, Pippin, and Sam sitting at a table to the side. Sam was staring at Rosie as he always did and Merry and Pip were joking around. I walked over and sat down with them. All eyes went on me. I turned my gaze to the dancing hobbits in the center of the field, but I could still feel their stares boring into me. I heard them whispering so I turned around to look at them.
"Good evening. How do you fair?"I asked politely.
"I feel wonderful,"Merry replied.
"Um....I...um.....feel....okay,"Pippin stuttered.
"Pip has something to ask you, Sky,"added Merry. I turned my gaze to Pippin.
"Would you like to dance with me?"he asked.
"Sure, but only if Sam dances with Rosie,"I answered cheerfully. Sam stared at me with a shocked expression on his face. Pippin helped him up then shoved him toward Rosie. Rosie quickly grabbed his hands and started dancing. Sam noticed and join her then he turned to me and smiled. I laughed then I grabbed Pippin's hands and pulled him to the dance floor. We both started dancing with a smile on our faces. I giggled in glee. Who would have ever thought a boy would ask me to dance. The song stopped and we walked over to the sidelines. I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to see Gandalf smiling.
"Skylar would you like to help me shoot off the first firework?"he asked. I nodded them followed Gandalf. He led me to a small open area.
"I have one that you might like,"he said while sticking a large brown firework into the ground. He handed me his staff and allowed me to light it. It's shot up into exploding into brown spark. Then the brown sparks transformed into two large eagles.
"Run!"Gandalf instructed. I started running across the field. The eagles came and flew beside me. It was amazing.
"Jump!"Gandalf shouted. I jumped and felt something grab my back and lift me up. I started to panic. It was happening again the orcs had came back and this time Gandalf was in charge of it. I closed my eyes and waited for an arrow to pierce me. Tears were streaming down my face but the arrow didn't come instead I was dropped. I landed on a feathery pillow like thing. I opened my eyes to see it was another eagle. I gasped this was amazing. I looked down to see some of the hobbits hiding under the tables. Sam was standing in the center of the field with a shocked look on his face. Bilbo was smiling and cheering. Gandalf just stood there grinning as he always did. I threw my arms into the air and laughed.
"This is amazing!"I screamed. I flew for a few more minutes then landed. Gandalf and Sam greeted me.
"Thank you. It was amazing,"I told him. Sam just hugged me to make sure I was really alive. I started to walk with Sam back to the table but was stopped when I heard another firework go off. I turned to look at Gandalf but saw he was walking toward the firework had been shot off at. Then I heard screaming and saw hobbits panicking to get under tables. I turned to see a dragon flying toward us. I felt someone tugging me toward the closest tent but before we got there the dragon flew over the lake and exploded. The hobbits cheered. I watched as Gandalf pulled Merry and Pippin by their ears to the place wear the food was being cooked. I giggled. Sam looked at me strange but I pointed to them and he laughed too. I walked over to where they were.
"What have y'all been doing?"I asked even though I knew the answer.
"Just playing around like we always do,"Merry answered calmly. I started laughing.
"Who would have thought y'all would do something so stupid. I mean look at yourselves you look as if you have just came down a chimney,"I scoffed at their stupidity. Sad looks appeared on their faces. They both gave me the puppy look.
"Oh alright I'll stop. How did he punish you?"I whined. They both pointed to a large pile of dishes.
"I'll help you but only this time,"I reminded them. I quickly rolled up my sleeves and walked over to the stack of dishes. I grabbed a rag and threw it into the bucket of water. Soon all the dishes were clean. I grabbed both of their hands and pulled them to the side of field and forced them to sit down on a blanket that I had spread out on the grass. Then I ran and grabbed Sam and Frodo and together we watched the last of the fireworks. At the end of the fireworks Frodo left and headed back down to the party. I leaned over to San and he pulled me into a brotherly hug. He stroked my hair and held me close. I watched purple, blue, and green sparks collide in the night sky. Soon sleep overtook me.