Chapter Eleven

Skylar's POV
---------------
My eyes fluttered open. A bright light forced me to squint.
"Good morning, Skylar,"I heard a familiar voice say. I shot up full of excitement to see the grey wizard that I had known since I was five.
"Gandalf!"I squealed,"Wait where am I?" I sent him a confused look.
"You are in Rivendell," he answered.
"How did I get here? I was at a camp near Weathertop sitting with Pippin,"I questioned.
"Aragorn brought you here,"another deeper voice answered in Gandalf's place. I looked toward the door to see a brown haired elf lord in a white dress walk in.
"This is Elrond, Skylar. He healed you,"Gandalf informed me.
"Thank you, sir,"I smiled.
"You're very welcome. You are a brave girl Skylar. Not many people could have made it down Weatertop with a cut like that,"Elrond replied. All of the sudden Sam came running in the room. He stopped when he saw me sitting up in bed then power walked toward me. I smiled.
"You had me worried, Sky, I thought we...."he started. I covered his mouth then pulled him into a big bear hug.
"Don't say such things,"I whispered in his ear. He hugged me back then let go.
"Samwise could you not wait till supper. She needs to get dressed now shoo,"Gandalf laughed. Before Sam could run off I asked,"Wait is Frodo okay?" He nodded then ran out the door. Elrond left next. Before Gandalf left he said,"Yes, Skylar, he is doing great." Then he too walked out of the room. I found my bag in a small washroom that branched off the side of the room. I pulled out a dark purple blouse and black pants. I quickly changed then pulled out my hair brush and and combed my hair out. After I had brushed out all the knots I braided it. I washed my face and stuffed my hair brush back into my back. When I was digging through my bag for my belt and dagger I found my mother's dragon necklace. I never wore it because it brought back to many memories. I decided it was time for me to forget part of my past. I hooked the necklace around my neck then buckled on my belt that held my dagger. I made my way out of the room. It was noon. The sun was high in the sky. Rivendell was definitely a gorgeous place. A lot of design went into the great Elven city. I walked down a pathway not knowing where to go. I sat down on a pure white bench for my leg was still a little sore. I rubbed it down a bit. I heard laughter coming from further down the path. I looked up slowly and saw Frodo and another hobbit he kept his face hidden by looking down at the ground. I smiled at the two.
"Hello, Sky. I have someone who wished to see you,"he told me.
"First let me ask you if your feeling better,"I piped.
"I'm doing great. It still hurts but not that much,"he assured. I nodded then watched as the other hobbit lifted his face and looked at me.
"Bilbo!"I cried,"I thought I would never see you again! You trickster!" He gave a hearty laugh then sat down beside me.
"Hello, my dear, dear Skylar. Have you been behaving yourself?"he picked,"I'm sure you've made several boys drool over you while I was gone. I hope your taking care of my garden." I giggled.
"Yes,Bilbo, I have been behaving. I don't believe any boys have drooled over but I have been taking care your garden,"I smiled. Frodo had been standing intently to the side listening to his uncle's and my conversation when Bilbo shooed him away. He gave us a pleading look which would have destroyed me but Bilbo didn't pay it any attention. When Frodo was gone Bilbo continued our conversation.
"I'm sure their our some boys out there who you like that act like they like you,"he said in a knowing tone.
"I don't know, Bilbo, I just don't know,"I shook my head.
"Dear Skylar, I've heard something happened at Bree. You need not hide it from me. I have my ways of finding out information,"he said. All the memories of Bree popped into my head. I had forgotten all about it since what happened on Weathertop.
"Yes, something did happen at Bree. Actually a bunch of stuff happened at Bree,"I answered.
"What happened my girl? Get on with it,"he begged.
"Pippin....he........kissed me,"I stumbled. Bilbo smiled.
"Good work my dear. Attracting boys like nothing," Bilbo laughed. I giggled.
Now my girl I have a few surprises for you. I had the elves make them especially for you my dear. Follow me,"he beckoned. He took me to his room and pulled out a box. He handed it to me and waited intently for me to open it. I slowly took of the top and put it to the side. Then I reach down and grabbed the closest thing. It was a beautiful, silky dark green blouse that hung down like a dress. Next I pulled out a pair of black leggings and a silver belt with a small hilt and a dagger with an emerald on its handle. Then I pulled out a mithril chest plate. I smiled.
"Oh Bilbo! It's wonderful! Thank you!"I squealed pulling him into a hug.
"There's one more thing,"he smiled. I reached down into the box and pulled out a beautiful silver headdress. I gasped.
"I thought you might like it. It like the crown's the lords and ladies wear,"he informed me.
"How did you afford these things?"I questioned.
"Elrond is one of my old friends. Now it almost supper so go get washed up,"Bilbo said shooing me away. I walked back to my temporary room carrying the box of things with me. When I arrived I put on my silver belt and headdress then walked outside and waited for further instructions. I found one of the silvery white benches outside my room and sat down on it. Sam came walking down the path a few minutes later. He gasped when he saw me.
"Skylar where did you get those from?"he asked looking from my belt to my headdress.
"Bilbo,"I told him. He nodded.
"Come on let's go get something to eat I'm sure your starved,"he smiled.
"I am a bit hungry. Lets go,"I piped. He grabbed my arm and side by side we walked to the gigantic dinning hall. Two elves led us to a large table that ran through the center of the room. At the end at the very back of the room sat Elrond with a very pretty black haired elf to his right and Gandalf to the left. I was sat between Pippin and Merry. Sam was put beside Frodo and another brown haired elf. Merry immediately pulled me into a hug. When he let go Pippin hugged me. I smiled at them when he let go. The elves started bringing plates upon plates of food. There was no meet just fruit and bread. I grabbed only what I knew I would eat which was a couple of grapes and a piece of bread. Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf, and Elrond left in the middle of the meal to who knows where. A never ending amount of food was brought to the table. I didn't it though. After a few hours of feasting a red haired elf beckoned me to follow him. When we were out of the room the elf turned around and said,"You have been summoned to the secret council of Elrond by Gandalf. He wishes you to come immediately."
"Lead on then,"I said sternly. The elf took me to a small outdoor council room with a circle of seats. In the seats were all different races of people. I walked in and everyone's gaze turned toward me. Gandalf beckoned me to sit down beside him in an empty chair. When I was seated the meeting continued again.
"One does not simply walked into Mordor. It's black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is a great evil there that does not sleep and the great eye is ever watchful. Tis a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash. The very air you breath is a poisonous fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this,"a dirty blonde haired man said shaking his head.
"But there is always a hope,"I whispered to myself.
"Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed,"a blonde haired elf said jumping up.
"And I suppose your the one to do it?"a dwarf scoffed standing to his feet.
"What happens when we fail? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"the dirty blonde haired man went on making the situation. He also stood.
"I would be dead before I see the Ring in hands of on elf,"the dwarf said angrily. All the elves stood up behind the blonde haired elf. The council room was extremely chaotic. Gandalf even stood up and joined the fight. I saw Frodo staring at the Ring that was laying on the table in the middle of the room. He stood up and tried to walk up to the fight. He started saying something I could not understand.
"This nonsense will not stop Sauron. It will not take the Ring to Mordor and it will not save Middle Earth! SO CLOSE YOUR STINKIN' MOUTHS AND LET FRODO TALK! ! !" I screamed causing the whole room to go quiet and look at me.
"Now what was that Frodo?"I asked calmly.
"I will take the Ring to Mordor. Tho I do not know the way,"he said slightly amazed at what I had just done.
"So be it I'll go with you. Friends stick together and I'd like to see the world,"I smiled at him trying to give him a bit of encouragement. I walked over and gave him a hug then stood beside him.
"I will help you bear this burden, as long as its yours to bear,"Gandalf said walking up to him and taking his place on the other side of Frodo.
"If by life or death, I can protect you, I will. You have my sword,"Aragorn (or Strider) said bowing in front of Frodo laying his forehead on the hilt of his sword. When he stood up he moved to the side.
"You have my bow,"said the blonde haired elf walking toward us.
"And my axe,"the dwarf said in his rough mountain voice. He then walked toward us making the elf grimace. Obviously elves and dwarfs do not have a good relationship.
"You carry the fate of us all little one," the dirt blonde man said,"If this is indeed the will of the council then I will see it done."He walked toward us then stood beside Aragorn.
"Mr. Frodo and my sister are not going anywhere with out me,"said Samwise running out of the bushes.
"No indeed it is hardly possible to separate y'all, even when they are summoned to a secret council and you're not,"Elrond mused.
"Wait! We're coming too!"Merry cried as him and Pippin ran out from behind two large pillars. Sam pulled me into a hug.
"Did you think you could lose me that easily?"he whispered in my ear before letting me out of his embrace. I shook my head and smiled. Pippin and Merry joined our group. Elrond stared at them like they had grown two heads.
"You'd have to send us home tied up in sack to stop us,"Merry went on.
"Anyway you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission........quest........thing ,"Pippin added.
"Well that rules you out Pip,"Merry informed. I stifled a laugh, tho I couldn't keep a straight face.
"Ten companions......so be it! You shall be the fellowship of the Ring,"Elrond announced.
"Great! Where are we going?"Pippin asked dumbly. I giggled.