Short Story

After the death of Skylar's parents the poor child was left as an orphan. She sobbed in the forest all alone till Gandalf the Grey found her and brought her to the Shire. Dressed in dirty rags, she looked and smelled enough to run every hobbit away, not to mention her backstory was frightening. Many feared they too would be slaughtered like her parents. She was like a bad omen who had trespassed in their perfectly peaceful town. Everyone stuck their nose up to her. Everyone except a hobbit named Hamfast Gamagee or more commonly known as Gaffer. It was quite a surprise seeing he already had six children of his own. It sent rumors spreading through the town and not very nice ones at that. It was in the afternoon that he found the girl. Who knows what had filled his mind that day...pity...care...but it was to Skylar's advantage that it did. He brought her home to his wife Bell (who not long after died of a terrible disease stirring more of the other hobbit's nonsense about Skylar up). Bell brought her in as her own. She washed her down and unknotted her hair then put her in one of her daughter's dresses. When the other children came in from their play, it came as quite a surprise to them that a little girl that they had never seen before was sitting at their table and the most terrible thing of all, the child was eating their food. Daisy, May, and Marigold whispered among themselves about how plain and ugly she was, and the eldest boys, Hamson and Halfred, groaned in annoyance at the presence of another girl in the house. The girl was rejected by all the children except the youngest son, Samwise. He smiled at her and began to ask her small childish questions such as what her favorite color was. Skylar was overwhelmed by his kindness. Of course, the two grew awfully close. Sky cherished the feeling of having a sibling and friend. Someone to play with and cry on. Gaffer would laugh at how inseparable the two were. They never left each other's side. Later on, Sam introduced his new sister to Frodo and his cousin, Meriadoc Brandywine and Peregrine Took. The five of them would go on adventures and get into a lot of trouble. Honestly, if one could learn something from this, it would probably be that no matter how much bad stuff in life happens there always is a brighter side to come.

 This short story sucks, but because I received no requests I had no ideas. This also means no second  story so first chapter of Return of the King will be posted Monday. You can still comment ideas for stories anytime you like. I like hearing from people it makes me smile. You can also private message or I can do other messaging apps  as well.