Saying goodbye

Hello lovelies, thank you all for the kind comments and support I appreciate you very much. Each comment lifts me up and motivates me to keep going-especially right now with the extended lockdown where I live. Thank you for helping me through this, I hope in some small way my writing is helping you too...even if it is just helping you smile a little or feed that Dramione addition.

Much love-MW

-

Hermione shivered rubbing her arms as they hugged her knees tightly to her chest. She looked to the small charred mark on the cellar floor where Greyback had lain before she had disposed of his body.

She remembered the hollowness of his eyes staring vacantly outwards and she felt cold.

You had to do it, she told herself.

No you didn't, her mind answered back, you could have just wiped his memory and knocked him out.

Hermione bit her lip.

She had never imagined herself capable of killing and now she had the blood of two men on her hands.

One had been self defense, she had been dealing well with that one all things considered. Every time her mind had brought it back up she had told herself that it was kill or be killed, that she hadn't had a choice.

With Greyback she had, had a choice and she had chosen to end his life.

He was a monster, said her brain darkly. What he tried to do to you he had already done to countless others. You couldn't let him live.

Was that my decision to make?

It doesn't matter, what is done is done and you...and every woman he has ever touched or would have ever touched will now never have to worry about him again.

What if when all this had blown over somehow his death was traced back to her? The answer was simple: She would claim self defense.

This is war Hermione, this time the voice in her head sounded like Draco. You need to be strong.

"I'm trying to be strong," she whispered aloud. "I need you to be here to stay strong."

No you don't, his voice answered back. You are the strongest woman I have ever known.

Hermione closed her eyes.

"I wish you were here right now."

Silence answered her and Hermione let out a shaky breath before she checked out the top of the stairs and then went over to the wall and took the route through the oasis to Draco's room. The little bird she had set as a spell greeted her as soon as she opened the wall, it had flown to this side of the oasis and chirped around her head.

Good, she thought, that means that Narcissa is finally asleep or away.

Hermione crept over to the pinhole in the door of the wardrobe and looked out into his room to the bed where Draco lay.

Narcissa, who Hermione was sure had been casting spells all night, had passed out next to Draco; her head laying on the blankets beside his chest while her hands gripped his asleep the lines of worry were etched into her face.

Her eyes flickered to the left.

Snape was standing by the bed wand in hand muttering something as a white light drifted down from his wand onto Draco.

Draco trusts him, maybe you should too.

Don't be stupid Hermione, he killed Dumbledore.