Connected Dreams

Another nice, semi-sweet chapter for you guys today. I hope you enjoy it.

-

Hermione struggled against the Darkness as it tried to hold her town, twining its sickly vines over her limbs.

Her world was no longer pitch and so she could see it crawling over her. Despite the horror of watching it, it was still better than being in that pitch black-blind to everything.

With nails dulled from hours of fighting she clawed it back. as it tried to regain hold over her torso. It was not like the devils snare Harry and Ron had encountered with her that first year at the school. If she remained calm and still the curse seemed to take that as an opportunity to advance at twice the pace.

So she fought.

Endlessly she fought,

The acid burned through her nails and through the skin on her fingers making her raw.

She didn't care.

"You will not win," she growled at the darkness.

The leach appeared at her words, roaring at her, its breath acrid and toxic in her face. It darted forward and its Jaws clamped onto her shoulder and she screamed.

Through the blinding pain she thought of him.

Draco.

She closed her eyes and focused on his face and the light that came to her aid whenever she did. A thin line of white, the same one that had spiraled around her wrists during the bind came to her aid wrapping itself around the leaches neck and constricting tighter and tighter until te great jaw released her.

Hermione smiled when she heard the darkness howl.

-

Draco wasn't sure how long he was unconscious. He knew the moment he started Dreaming because Hermione was there with him.

Hermione...

His everything.

She was dressed all in white.

The soft gown she wore fluttered around her body in an invisible breeze. He felt his chest squeeze painfully.

"Hermione," he said her name in a tone half agony half desperation worried that, even here in his dreams, he would somehow

She turned and smiled at him with a small smile and he took it as a sign that it was okay to close the space between them. 

His arms ached to hold her.

She didn't move from her spot, waiting for him to come to her.

Every step that he took he was afraid she would vanish.

She looked so light, like the air would come and carry her away.

He stopped when he came close enough to touch and she reached up to him.

Those arms outstretched to him shattered everything that he had been holding back and collapsed against her. Curling into her embrace he sunk his head down to her shoulders wrapping his arms around the upper part of her torso. 

He clung to her wishing she were real. 

Wishing that she were alive.

"Why did you do it?" he muttered into her skin.

She didn't answer, only squeezing him a little tighter letting him know she had heard him.

She was his light, she was his salvation, she was his peace.