The Choice

Thank you to everyone who was so lovely last chapter and said they would be interested in an adapted/original version of this story (set in my own original world and with new characters...inspired by this but decidedly separate) Would any of you be interested in BETA READING for me in a few months? If you are please message me or comment on this paragraph.

In the mean time I hope you enjoy this chapter...

-

Draco bent his head down slowly towards her, even though they had just kissed a part of him hesitated for the briefest of seconds, giving  Hermione every chance in the world to pull away and instead she let their lips meet.

His lips were soft and warm and brushed against hers, once, twice and then he stroked the tip of his tongue along her bottom lip. Her lips parted automatically, but instead of just diving in he kissed her again, a gentle brush a little more open mouthed than the first few. 

Their breath mingled and Hermione shuddered. 

Draco shifted and tilted her head back and Hermione let out a moan as he pressed more firmly against her, open mouthed kisses one after another each one more firm and yet still as agonizingly sweet as its predecessor.

Hermione's arms began to move restlessly over Draco's chest as he continued the slow onslaught.

Then his tongue was inside her mouth caressing her with slow easy strokes. 

Hermione let out a moan. 

It was like she could feel the kiss singing through the rest of her body and Draco could feel her reaction, which made him smile briefly against her lips before continuing.

She wanted to be closer. 

They weren't close enough. 

She needed to be a part of him. 

Her arms wrapped around him and squeezed him tight pressing her breasts up against his chest.

It was Draco's turn to let out a moan.

Gods it felt good to kiss her.

A warm feeling of satisfaction rushed into Hermione as she heard and felt his approval and it looped back into Draco magnifying his own lust.

Perfection, he thought absently, more focused on the taste of her than anything else in the universe.

And then the pain hit.

-

Hermione felt the pull of danger through the bind and Draco pulled back doubling over. She watched helplessly, holding him as he blinked in and out of existence, fluttering in shudders closer and closer together.

"Draco please," she begged as she lay him gently down on the ground. "Please don't leave me." 

No, not like this...She thought. Not after that kiss. Not after feeling close to him than she had ever felt to any other human being who had ever walked this planet.

Draco shuddered and she felt him grow colder in her arms.

"If I didn't think that thing was going to eat me whole," said Draco gesturing weakly to the dark. "I would promise to stay as a ghost, just to watch over and out for you."

A choked sound squeezed in Hermione's throat.

How could she have ever thought he didn't care? 

She could feel it in him. 

She could feel how much he cared. 

She could feel...his love.

Love.