Strength and Power

Hello Beautiful humans! The move is complete, my house is in chaos, but I finally have internet and can come back and start updating again. Thank you to everyone for your patience.

-

Day 4 (since Rescue)

Looking up the small steps to a house, which seemed nothing special in the slightest, Draco resisted the light tug of the necklace around his neck which had led him here. The charm was an old heirloom used for finding taken items. Malfoy's had a distinct dislike of people taking what they considered theirs and Draco's great, great, great grandmother had spent most of her life creating a necklace that would always lead to an owners missing, or stolen, item.

This was where the charm had taken him therefor this was where the order was hiding out.

Tugging insistently forward the charm sparkled brightly. Afraid that someone might look out and see him Draco removed the charm from around his neck and held in tightly in his hand dimming the light so that only a small pink glimmer shone through his fingers.

What if they saw him?

He knew he wouldn't likely escape with his life.

You have to do this, he told himself, for her.

A quick alohomora opened a door that the order likely didn't think anyone would ever find.

There, facing the other way and standing sentry, was Harry Potter.

The golden boy, the hero who was meant to save the world started to turn and Draco cast a quick sleep spell before Harry could have a chance to see him let alone alert anyone. Reaching out Draco caught Harry before he could fall. 

Heartbeat hammering in his chest Draco looked around quickly to make sure that no one else was on watch before easing Harry down in to the nearest chair. The necklace in his hand pulsed erratically and Draco and went looking for his wand.

In the bottom of a chest near the fireplace Draco found his Ironwood wand resting alongside his wand from school.

He picked them both up and then frowned.

While his ironwood wand seemed to dance with excitement in his hand the other seemed unhappy at being lifted.

This isn't your wand anymore....he found himself thinking and he looked back at Harry who was snoring lightly in the kitchen chair.

Harry had wrestled the wand from his hand back at the mansion while the glass form the chandelier was lodged in his eyes.

Had his old wand changed loyalties?

Footsteps creaked above and Draco dropped his old wand, not bothering to waste time thinking on it further.

As quickly and quietly as he could manage Draco closed to the chest and took hold of his true wand and apparated away... not before a certain one-eyed red head caught a fleeting glimpse of him from the top of the stairs.

=

Day 5

Sweat dripped down Draco's chest, his hair damp with it as he focused on his wand and the task ahead. Little by little his muscle was returning, which was good, he needed to be strong in order to fight them all. To fight for her, and help her friends.

"What are you doing?" his mothers voice broke through his concentration as she entered his room.

"What does it look like?" he gritted his teeth feeling the black stars which threatened around the edge of his vision and did another down-up.