Narcissa's Water Lilies

This one is safe, more lemons coming later. I am actually really happy with the scene in the second half of this chapter. I hope you like it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience. It's been a long last few weeks and I am happy to be back to writing once more. Please leave some love if you enjoy.

-

"I think that might be my favorite sound in the world," said Draco.

Hermione managed a laugh closing her eyes as she dealt with the flood of emotions that had tagged along for a ride on the back of her climax. She had felt the rush of endorphins before, yet the rush of emotions that came along with this climax was something different, something more.

It felt like a tidal wave.

Everything she had been going through the last few weeks without him came rushing back to her, her friends holding her, keeping her 'safe' keeping her contained and powerless and away from him.

Away from Draco.

"I don't want to be without you," she said softly and as the words left her lips she knew that she meant them with every fiber of her being. She didn't want to be without him, not now, not ever.

"You never have to worry about that," his words were meant to be reassuring and she wanted to believe them. She wanted to believe it. She wanted to believe that nothing would ever tear them apart again.

Hermione buried her face in his chest.

There was no reason to doubt.

He had been there for her all along, through every step of hell, he had walked it with her. And he said he loved her.

And you believe him, she reminded herself.

"I don't know why I'm getting so emotional," she said on a sniff. "I'm sorry."

The back of her eyes were heated, pricking and she didn't know why. She fought with herself. This wasn't the time for tears, she didn't regret what they had just done, she was happy about it.

So why did she feel like she was drowning again in a whole different way.

"It's okay," said Draco rubbing her back in soothing motions. "You don't have to apologize." He kissed her gently. "I want all of you Hermione," he said gently. "I love all of you."

I love all of you, the words repeated in her head.

He loved her, all of her.

Wanted her, wanted all of her.

Unedited and unfiltered, just true.

That pushed her over the edge and Hermione burst into tears.

Draco held her until her tears subsided. He stroked her hair and back until everything finished pouring out from inside her.

When she was finished, it was his arms that held her and his voice that soothed her as sleep came to someone who hadn't rested easy in weeks.

-

Narcissa wandered the streets of Paris for several hours while she thought.

Her son, her Draco had fallen in love with a mudblood.

Muggle born, a small voice inside her corrected and she ground her teeth in response to the unruly thought.

She stayed amid the muggles and away from the magical ally's knowing that the muggle world provided more protection for her at the moment. It was odd, walking among them.