The Past Re-Lived

THIS IS A MORE THAN DOUBLE LENGTH CHAPTER. 

I debated having it in two parts, but I really feel like these two pieces are meant to be together in one chapter. I spent so much time working on this one I am not sure if I will be able to have the next update done by Friday (because the second half of this chapter was initially meant to be Friday's post)  but I do hope you love this anyways and I will see you at the very least on Monday if not before.

-

There was a great thump as if they had apparated within Draco's mind and landed back in the white room with the black veined walls. Draco had landed on his back on the gurney and Hermione lay on top him in the same position she had been in when she had thrown her body over him to protect him from the giant black leach which had been threatening to swallow him whole. She shook with the violence of the memory of the pain and with the overwhelming onslaught of emotions coming at her from both the memory of Draco's dream and the emotions that were coming off of the present day Draco who was laying beneath her now.

She felt like she was trying to hold on to her own mind in the middle of a mental hurricane and she gripped his frame tightly, not caring about their position, only caring about keeping him there with her.

After a moment her nerves stopped screaming and her mind calmed. She felt Draco relax as well and then she felt awareness of their position drift into them both. She wasn't sure who noticed first or if their thoughts were so intermingled here because of the bind...

"What was that Draco?" asked Hermione climbing off of him, not wanting to let go, while also needing to physically distance herself in order to address what they had just seen.

"It was a nightmare, that started as a dream."

"I got that much," said Hermione, her cheeks flushing with warmth that was followed by a shiver of the memory of pain...so much pain.

"When is it from?"

 "The night you woke me up with a slap."

Early.

That was so early into their time together.

"Oh..." said Hermione reeling. 

"I didn't mean for you to see it," he said clearly frustrated. "Everything feels so chaotic here. I can't control anything."

There was a pulse through the black on the walls and Draco's back bowed off the gurney. He let out a cry of pain and Hermione ran back to him and threw her arms around him holding him as he writhed.

"Draco," she called his name, not knowing what else to do.

His body let go and he slumped back shivering.

-

The feel of Hermione's arms a round Draco was a balm and a knife at the same time.

He wanted her here with him forever...but that wasn't an option.

She was in danger every second she spent with him here. He didn't know how he knew that to be true-he just did. If he died while she was still within his mind there was no telling what would happen to her and Draco couldn't bear the thought of her being hurt just for staying with him.

I don't want to die alone.

"I won't let you," Hermione cried out in response and Draco winced at the vulnerability of her being able to hear his thoughts.

"Why are you here Hermione?" asked Draco quietly , when the shivers had stopped. 

Why?

"I came..."Hermione swallowed. "I came to say goodbye."