The Reason to Trust

GUYS I HIT 200 Followers! 200 of you like me enough to follow me and my stories! Thank you so much. Each of you are awesome and I appreciate you so much. Thank you to you all and to all of you who take the time to click that little star each chapter to vote, and to those people who comment with positivity and creative feedback. You all rock. THANK YOU.

NICE LONG ONE FOR YOU

-

When Hermione awoke she was laying back in bed once more.

She blinked.

Did I faint? Hermione balked. She was not a fainter. She had seen some crazy things in her time at Hogwarts, things that made seasoned witches and wizards shudder let alone someone who had been born into the muggle world, and never once had she fainted.

"Welcome back luv," said Mrs. Weasley, her gentle motherly tone providing an instant familiar calm which Hermione was thankful for. 

 Mrs. Weasley handed Hermione a glass of water. 

"Now, drink this and take it easy," Hermione obeyed drinking slowly. She hadn't realized how thirsty she was. Maybe that was part of why her body had betrayed her, the other part-she knew for certain-was the fact that the curse was taking its toll. She felt stronger than she had before, and still she knew it was going to be a little while before she got back to her normal self again.

Hermione handed back the cup and looked up to see the room was actually quite full of people, all looking at her with that disconcerting worry like she was about to die.

Fred was there, right beside her, George too. Harry, Ginny, Ron and Reamus. 

"Where is Draco?" asked Hermione, not bothering with any pretenses. It had been long enough and she wasn't about to just sit, or lay around, without knowing where they were keeping the person who had saved her life.

"And you wonder why we think you've been Imperius-ed," said Ron exasperated "With you're bloody obsession with that-"

"Shut up Ronald," snapped Fred startling almost everyone in the room except Hermione.

"I don't know why you're taking his side," said Ron

"Because he saved my bloody life!" said Fred and everyone went quiet at Fred's loud profession.

Fred took a deep breath and his lips went into a thin line before he spoke.

"I didn't just pop back up on my own after getting an axe to the face. Draco Malfoy found me laying on the ground in a coma and took me and hid me from the rest of the death eaters. He nursed me back to health and brought Hermione to me."

"How do you know it wasn't part of some evil plan?" asked Harry.

"Harry!" said Hermione.

"That is actually a fair question," said George, quietly, clearly not wanting to say anything to upset the twin he was so happy to have back beside him.

"It is a fair question," said Fred nodding in agreement with his twin, and reaching out a hand placing it briefly on his brothers shoulder as reassurance.

Fred then looked at Hermione and gave her a small reassuring smile.

"But I know that what he did wasn't part of anything evil."

"And how do you know?" asked Ron crossing his arms over his chest. "You've said a few times that you 'know' Ron made air quotes. "That Draco is on our side, how the hell do you know? What proof do you have?"

"You mean other than him saving Fred's life?" asked Ginny.

An odd feeling of dread started in the pit of Hermione's stomach as Fred looked to Hermione and swallowed.