Fred's Unexpected Journey

Hello Lovely readers. We will get back to Draco and Hermione soon, but I promise this little journey is actually very important to the plot and their eventual joy. Happy reading and hope you enjoy!

-

2 Hours ago: 6pm

-

When Fred came to the sky had shifted once more and if he wasn't mistaken it was getting a little lighter.

Dammit.

Fred shook the leaves and debris from his hair.

"Are you sure you didn't bomb that Felix somehow Draco," said Fred looking up at the sky with a snort.

True he had made it safely out of the Malfoy property, and true he had fallen down forty feet without dying or breaking anything, or getting caught by the death eaters that had been looking for him, but Fred could not imagine how falling down the side of a ravine and getting knocked out could possibly constitute good luck.

Maybe he just make a weaker drought and your luck has already run out, thought Fred.

Well in that case, it's good that it at least lasted long enough for you to get away.

Fred put his hand down to push himself up and his hand came in contact with something cool and metal.

"What's that?" he wondered aloud, his voice seeming loud in the silence of the woods.

Under the shelter of the trees little light was coming through and so he felt around blindly. The second Fred's hand took hold of the bucket that was sitting beside him he vanished.

"Bloody hell!" exclaimed Fred and turned over to the side and vomited.

"What the hell is a bloody portkey doing in the middle of nowhere outside the Draco's estate?" He spat, trying clean out his mouth and drank the last of the water he had brought with him.

Normally traveling by portkey did not make Fred Weasely sick. It wasn't the most pleasant thing in the world but he had gotten used to it over the years thanks to many, many uses in the past. This time however, he had been utterly unprepared to go whizzing through space in a nauseating swirl and the result could be seen on the grass next to him.

Fred blinked, looking around and trying to determine where in the world exactly the portkey had dropped him...and then his eyes caught sight of a familiar tower, illuminated with the first rays of morning light as the sun threatened to peak out over the surrounding hills.

"No bloody way," a smile tugged at the corner of Fred's mouth.

He was just outside of Hogwarts.

He took a moment to process and pinched himself just to make sure that he was, indeed, awake. The smile wouldn't leave his face even though he tried to hide it.

Hogwarts.

Years ago, portkeys were what had been used to transport people to Hogwarts. However people in general didn't like portkeys and so they had all eventually been replaced when the Hogwarts express was first installed.

I thought they got rid of all of them, he thought blinking.

Well clearly not, his mind answered back in a tone that George often used. Fred smiled thinking of his brother.

Now this was lucky.

Not really, another side of his mind protested, its being run by Severus Snape and a bunch of deatheaters, so you're kind of screwed.