Real

Hello lovely humans. Hope you enjoy this update.

THERE IS A QUESTION FOR YOU ALL AT THE END OF CHAPTER-Please take a second to answer <3

-

"Thank you for your love..."

There was a buzzing in Draco's ears so loud that he couldn't even hear the last part of the sentence. He didn't need to hear it. They were her words.

Draco closed his eyes and let the reality of the situation wash over him.

She was alive.

It was real.

"What?" His mother's voice broke through the static in his brain and warmth pumping through his veins.

In horror Draco watched as his mother turned her wand on Hermione.

Draco moved before he even had a second to think.

He stood in front of Hermione blocking her with his entire body as his mother pointed her wand at the woman he loved.

"Don't" He pleaded.

Please, please don't do this.

"You can't love her!" Narcissa Malfoy cried.

Draco heard the agony in her voice, the betrayal.

"I do," he answered and he put an arm back holding Hermione in place when she would have walked around him.

Please stay behind me where it's safe, he pleaded with her silently.

He would not lose her again.

"She's a mudblood!" said Narcissa reverting to the dirty slur.

"Don't call her that!" Draco shot.

"Move out of the way Draco," ordered Narcissa. "This witch has done something to you."

"Yes she has," answered Draco. "She made me into the man I am today. The man who is strong enough to fight for what he knows is right. The man who isn't afraid anymore-not of anything except losing her."

Draco watched as his mother trembled.

He knew that if he was going to break through to his mother that now was the time.

"She was willing to die for me," he said more gently. "Isn't that worth something?"

"But..." Narcissa blinked and he watched as his mother's breathing became erratic.

This was everything that a pure-blood witch of her birthright would be against.

This was everything his mother had stood against her whole life.

She had disowned her own sister Andromeda over this and here was her son standing in front of her declaring his love for someone who they had all believed could never be worth of someone 'Pure'

"Mother please..." he pleaded.

Please, don't make me choose between the two of you.

Because now that Narcissa was no longer under Voldemort's thumb...now that he wasn't worried about saving the life of the woman who had loved and raised him, he would make a different decision...he would choose Hermione.

He would choose Hermione over his mothers approval.

Narcissa shook her head.

"How could you?" she asked and Draco could see in Narcissa's eyes that his actions felt like a betrayal to her.