Hers

This is the last dark chapter. (not the last chapter don't worry, just the last dark one.)

What an incredible journey of growth for Draco from a boy who was afraid all the time and barely cared, barely was holding on, to a man who can stand against the world in the name of love.

This one is a long and intense one folks.

I sincerely hope you enjoy. 

-

Draco woke from the dream feeling miles better than when he had passed out.

Before the dream he had felt feverish, after he felt stronger somehow.

He had been floating in the dark, not the kind that the curse had left him with, just a simple absence of light. That's how it felt without her, like there was no light.

Then he had found himself in his oasis staring at the fire, thinking of her and drinking.  I didn't feel like his own dream, rather like he had walked into someone else's. 

It had startled him at first, when she had come to him. 

She was so beautiful.

Seeing her sent a stab of pain through his chest.

Pain gave way to a glimmer of joy.

A piece of her lingered on. The dark hadn't been able to destroy all of her, he was sure. She was too pure. She was somewhere good.

He remembered before she had taken the dark from him telling her that he would stay if he could, that he would remain a ghost for her if that was what she had wanted, but he had known that the Dark curse was going to destroy all of him, down to his soul.

Maybe because she never bore the dark mark...maybe that was why she hadn't been fully destroyed.

He had to believe, no he did believe she was alright. The dream with the butterflies had been too real...and this one was the same. 

She couldn't be with him in his waking hours because she had moved on, but he could have her in his dreams.

Draco silently prayed that she would haunt his dreams for the rest of his life. 

He knew it would mean that he would never be able to move on and be with someone else.

He didn't care. 

He would rather live with memories and dreams of her than with someone else and if that made him fucked up, so be it.

She would want you to live...

She wants me to live for her, not live happy ever after, he told himself. I promised I would live for her, and that is what I am going to do.

You know she would want you to be happy...

I'll never be happy without her.

His mind went back to the dream.

She had felt so real.

His heart had ached when he wrapped his arms around her.

He wanted to hold her forever, but she had vanished after he had told her he promised to live for her as she had asked.

He felt stronger now. 

Determined inside and out.

He would find a way out of here, find a way to escape Ron and his torture and he would help the Order whether they wanted it or not because that's what Hermione would want. If she were still alive she would be spending her time defeating the dark Lord and his plan and saving Harry and her friends. That's what Hermione would do, so now...now he would do it for her because she couldn't.