The Room of Hidden things

Thanks a million to those of you who left some love and feedback on "THE CURSED DRAGON" I appreciate you all so much.

-

Fred Weasley turned around and found himself face to face with the Severus Snape. The new headmaster had never been a fan of Fred and George. Despite their abilities to make a potion and general know-how around a cauldron, their mischievous side and Weasley name had kept them on Snape's bad side.

Both Fred and George had passed with good marks in his classes, though a part of Fred wondered if that was just self preservation of Snape's part since he was smart enough to know that the Twins level of mischief had a tendency to rise exponentially when faced with any situation they deemed 'unfair'

Snape's eyes met Fred, his head tilting to the side before he looked down the cross section of hallway at the sound of oncoming footsteps.

I'm screwed, thought Fred. There was no way that the left hand of the Dark Lord was just going to let him waltz around Hogwarts without repercussion.... especially since the last time that Fred had been here with George he had technically been expelled for their little fireworks stunt... 

 All this for nothing. Thought George and he gripped the wand in his hand tightly. He didn't know if he could beat the headmaster, in fact he very highly doubted it, but Fred Weasley was not about to go down without a fight.

And then Snape did something unexpected:

He walked away.

Fred stood blinking for a moment.

There was no way that Snape hadn't recognized him. Even with a new eyepatch.

Conversation down the hall reminded Fred of his present vulnerability out in the open and he looked down at the map in his hands. More feet were headed his way-this time with names he did not recognize. Fred turned quickly and slipped into the room of hidden things.

It was quiet and dim. Fred looked around in awe at the giant piles, upon piles that seemed to go on and on. He had never been in this part of the school, and honestly it was a little disconcerting just how much was here.

"Well bugger me," said Fred with a shrug "I've no blooming idea how I'm going to find it now."

He pulled lifted Luna's wand.

"Accio Diadem," he called.

Nothing happened.

"Figured it wouldn't be that easy," said Fred running a hand back through his hair. He tucked Luna's wand away into his clothes.

"So you're the room of requirements closet then basically?" he spoke out loud to the room. "Any chance you could help me?"

Silence answered him.

Worth asking, thought Fred, you never know at this school.

He let out a sigh and clapped his hands together.

"Well," he said rolling up his sleeves. "Best get down to it."

With a strange sense of intrigue, the kind that comes with a good old fashioned treasure hunt, Fred walked over to the nearest pile of junk and picked up the first thing he saw. It was a small comb. He turned it over in his hands and then set it down reaching for the next item.

On the sixteenth item the sense of fun had completely abandoned him.

This is going to take for bloody ever, Fred shifted from one foot to the other restlessly.

You only have a few hours left before the Felix Felicis wears off and then you are going to be stuck behind enemy lines without any kind of protection.