Hermione's Realization

Thank you to everyone for your feedback on what I should do as far as the lemons are concerned. While It seems there was a fair split between options most seemed to want to have it here still in the story just with the warning so that is what I will be going with.

The plumber is coming this weekend and my house is in chaos but I will update as often as I can.

Anyways, enjoy and I will put a warning before the more graphic chapters and scenes. Enjoy ;)

-

"Not like you do!" her voice was insistent "If he loves me...it's as a friend or because he wants me...you, you love me like breath," her fingers flexed against his skin and she pushed herself back slightly without breaking the contact "Look at what you've done for me!"

This time she did break contact, as if touching had become too much.

Her voice rose with a hint of something barely controlled, a strange distress that he didn't understand.

"Look at what you've become for me! How could I ever deserve a love like yours?"

Shock ricocheted through his system

"Don't you ever say that," Draco forward and grabbing hold of her upper arms above each elbow. "I have only become someone worthy of love BECAUSE of you."

She softened in the wake of his protest.

"You were always worthy of love Draco," she touched his cheek gently and he felt his soul stir at the touch.

"Not love like yours," he said softly and he watched as Hermione shifted, this time he recognized the emotion. Nerves, discomfort, like a girl who had been asked to Yule ball by someone and was trying to find a way to gently let them down.

She just came back to you, don't push her away.

She came back...that is enough.

You'll never be worthy of a love like hers.

Then Fred's voice from the night playing cards echoed in Draco's mind again:

'So deserve her.'

Fred, who had come back for him, who had stood up for him...believed in him.

I will be worthy.

I can start by not pushing her.

"It's okay," Draco said gently. He would wait. He would love her how she needed to be loved, whatever that might mean  "You don't have to say anything."

"But..."

"Shhhh," he put his finger over her lips. "I know I put you through hell long before you came to the manor. I don't blame you for not saying it back. It doesn't matter....what matters is that you are here now and no matter how you feel I love you. Whatever you need Hermione. I am yours. Till the end of time. I am yours."

Draco watched as a single tear leaked out of her eye and he wiped it away gently with the pad of his thumb.

Don't cry, please don't cry.

"I need you," she said, half on a sob.

"I'm here," he said and pulled her into his arms.

She felt warm in his arms, right.

"I've never felt about anyone the way I feel about you," she said into his chest. "You're like the second half of my heartbeat."

"You're every beat of mine," he answered back stroking her hair.