4. Blast From The Past

25/03/21

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

"Inna! Come over and look at this!" I yell for my older sister to come over to where I was sitting at the dining table, with my laptop.

"Who's that? Kim Kyungmin,'" your sister reads off your laptop screen. "Did your ex's sister request you as a friend online?" Inna asks over my shoulder while I'm scrolling through Kyungmin's profile.

"Yes, she messaged me, saying she came across my profile after Bohyun added her on social media. She just simply asked how I'm doing but I'm not sure if I should reply," I nervously tell my sister.

"Why not? If you were close with her and considered her a friend back then, you should at least say hello and catch up. I mean, you were trying to find her back then after having Mason," Inna recommends to me as she sets herself in the seat beside me.

I crease my forehead as I turn my body to face her. "Are you serious, Inna? You know why I shouldn't just start talking to Kyungmin, now," I tell her, slightly appalled she would suggest such a notion.

"Not really.I mean, I'm assuming it has to do with Namjoon," My sister simply says.

"Obviously! So much time has passed and Namjoon is even more in the public eye than he was before. It all sounds problematic this time around!" I glare at my sister. She's looking at me in a judging way and I know where this conversation is leading.

"Sooyoung, you know—"

"Inna! I don't know if I want to discuss this any further right now, please," I beg her.

"Well, it needs to be discussed. You can't avoid this forever. What about Mason*?!" My sister asks in a rough tone while trying not to raise her voice.

"Mason and I have been doing just fine without him. We also have you and the rest of our family," I sternly state to my sister.

"Do you think it's really fair to Namjoon? Don't you think he has the right to know? And, Mason is going to want to know about his father when he gets older. I mean, he already brings it up from time to time!" Inna stares at me, looking frustrated.

"I know Mason does. And, it breaks my heart every time he brings up how he wishes he had a dad like the other kids in his preschool," my voice starts to shake, "But, then I remind him that we are doing great together as a family and he's fine."

"That's not going to last forever, Sooyoung. He's going to grow more curious about his father as he gets older. He deserves to know about his father. And, Namjoon has every right to know about his son."

"Inna! Do you not realize who we are talking about right now? We are talking about Namjoon! He's a celebrity known all over the fucking world! And, he's an idol, no less! If people find out he has a child, it could ruin or greatly affect his career! He's so busy with being an idol! I mean, he was just at the Grammys! His fans were so shaken up over the fact that they were snubbed! Even I was shocked! But, could you imagine if his fans found out about Mason?!" I realize my voice has been raised in intensity and even my sister reminds me of it.

"Sooyoung," my sister tries to say, softly, "It's past 11pm. You might wake Mason up. I'm sorry to upset you with this topic. I'm just looking out for Mason and your well-being. Mason deserves to know about his father. And, I get you're trying to protect Namjoon in a way, but he needs to know. What he decides to do once he finds out about Mason- well it's up to him."

Responsibilities Of An Idol Leader | KNJ X OC ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara