17. Another Chance

15/04/21-16/04/21

"Soo, I still love you."

I said it. And, I meant it.

I'm still looking over at Sooyoung, while I lay on my side, bare, next to her. She stares at the ceiling for a few seconds, which causes me to internally panic, not knowing exactly what she's thinking at this very moment.

She shifts her body, and lays on her side to face me, "Namjoon... I don't think my love for you ever went away. But, a lot of time has passed with us not having been around each other. What if we're not the same as we were before?"

I look at her, knowing exactly how she feels. "Soo, I know what you mean, but, we can try to start what we had back up. Please give us another chance."

She lifts her hand and places it on my cheek then starts to gently trace my jawline with her thumb.

Sooyoung starts to speak softly, "We can give what we have another try. But, we really need to communicate our feelings, okay? And it's not just you and me anymore. We also have Moonsik and his feelings to consider."

"Of course. I can't let you go again so easily, Soo. And, I know I've said this before, but even though I know we'll face some obstacles, I know that this time around I'll do whatever it takes to show you that I want you in my life. And, Moonsik... although I haven't been around him for long, he has already solidified a place in my heart," I tell her with the utmost sincerity.

As I was finishing what I had said to Sooyoung, I noticed a lone tear and wipe it off her cheek. After that, I wrap my arm around her body, pulling her closer to me.

"I can't believe we are back in each other's lives," she says in a whisper.

"I know, Soo. I'm happy you're in my arms now. And, babe, it's getting late...you have an early morning. Let's try to get some sleep."

She gently nods, gives me a delicate peck on my lips, and turns her body so that her back is pressed against my chest. I wrap my arm around her and nuzzle my face in her shoulder. She's first to drift off to sleep.

I lay in bed just thinking about the past few days. I've met my son who I'm gradually growing a bond with and I know that I'll do anything to be the best father to him, moving forward. I already have an immense love for my son.

Then, I look at the woman beside me. Sooyoung is back in my arms.

I'll do whatever it takes to not let Sooyoung go so easily like I did five years ago.

I love her.

~

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

It's now Friday. I wake up to Namjoon's phone alarm going off at 5:30am.

"Good morning," Namjoon says from behind me, into my ear, in his gravely morning voice. Damn, I missed his voice when he wakes up first thing in the morning. I also love being wrapped up in his arms.... they've grown so muscular since I've last been in this kind of embrace with him, years ago.

I turn my body to face him. "Joon, why did you set your alarm so early?"

"When I called Chulsan last night, I told him to come get me around 6am so that I can give you time to get Moonsik ready for school, as well as letting you have some time to get ready yourself," he answers me.

"Why didn't you just set your alarm closer to 6am,  so we could get another thirty minutes of sleep?" I ask him.

"Shit, I know you love your sleep. Sorry I woke you up. I just wanted to be up a little early before I leave so I can cherish the morning with you next to me."