32. Almost Missing Out

14/05/22

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

"Holy shit, we are running late," I whisper to Lucy, as she tries her best to get through the traffic in New Jersey.

"Mom! I really want to see Appa before the concert starts!" Moonsik says in the seat behind me, with Inna sitting next to him in the car. He sounds upset, and I feel for my son, I really do.

Lucy, Inna, and I are internally banging our heads for not thinking through what time to leave for the concert. It escaped our fucking minds that we are heading to a bloody BTS stadium concert, a sold out one for that matter, where obviously massive heavy traffic is going to occur! We should have planned accordingly!

We aren't that far from the venue, but the traffic is so heavy, we are moving at a snail's pace.

Namjoon had told Moonsik how he wanted him to come by early and have the full-on backstage treatment. Moonsik has been looking forward to this for months now and I really hope we don't fail him. He hasn't seen his dad since around his birthday, so this is important to him. He's been wanting to see his dad do what he's known for- performing his music. He's been listening to all of BTS' music non-stop, watching music videos and other performances he can find of his dad and his honorary uncles on YouTube.

To say Moonsik's pumped for the concert is an understatement.

Not long after, when we still haven't moved much, and Inna accidentally blurted out that we haven't moved much, Moonsik starts to have a major meltdown.

Poor kid starts bawling saying all he wants is to spend quality time with his dad, and damnit, I want that for my son, too! I just wish all this traffic could magically disappear!

I text Namjoon letting him know that we are stuck in heavy traffic and that Moonsik is crying because he misses him.

Not even a minute later and I receive an incoming FaceTime call from Namjoon. That man is perfect, I swear.

I pick up the call and Namjoon appears on the screen, looking like he's in their large dressing room.

Namjoon:
"Hey, Soo! What's wrong, Love?"

Sooyoung:
"Namjoon, I'm really worried we won't make it before the concert, and Moonsik really wanted to go backstage."

Namjoon:
"Can you give him your phone?"

Sooyoung:
"Yes! Give me a second!"

"Moonsik! Appa is on the phone, would you like to FaceTime with him?" I ask my son as I crane my neck to look at him behind me in the car.

"Appa?! Yes!" Moonsik's teary-looking face lights up. I hand him the phone and he happily takes it from me. In between handing my phone to my son, my sister quickly dries his face of tears using a tissue.

Namjoon:
"Hey, Kiddo! Are you crying?"

I think seeing Namjoon's face and hearing his voice triggers Moonsik to cry some more. Listening to him speak makes my heart ache! I swear if this traffic doesn't clear up for my son to be with his dad at a reasonable time, I'm going to combust! But, I need to compose myself for the sake of my son.