5. Before Heading To California

*Warning: Mature content ahead. Please read at your discretion. 🔞

*********

28/03/15-Flashback in Seoul

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

"You're so lucky my parents are out of town so that Dasom and I can throw a party and you can have the apartment to yourself for the night," Sungkyung says to me as she wiggles her eyebrows and smirks at me.

Sungkyung and I are both in the bathroom. We are sharing the large mirror, with me curling my hair and her applying makeup.

"I'm grateful to you ladies for giving me the apartment to myself for the night. I have a little over a month left here and I just want to spend as much time as possible with Namjoon. It's been so difficult with our schedules," I say to Sungkyung, sounding a little choked up. I've been a bit emotional lately.

"Oh, Soo. Please don't get sad," she says softly, looking at me, sympathetically, "I can't imagine how you're feeling. I know you love him and it must be hard to think abou leaving him for another country. But, if you guys love each other. I'm sure everything will work out if you're meant to be."

"I hope so. I know I'll visit as often as I can during US holidays and school breaks, but, still... it's a lot of time apart. Also, with his career, he travels a lot now, and what if he's not available during my time off from school?" I say, pessimistically. And, Sungkyung knows me all to well as someone who always sees the glass half empty.

"You're such the pessimist, Soo! This man loves and adores you. Think about the positive parts, okay? And, for now, why don't you focus on the present?! Stop dwelling on the future!" She tells me, encouragingly, and it actually helps me feel a tiny bit better.

"You're right," I breathe out, "I need to enjoy the time I have with Namjoon, now."

"Hey, Girls! What do you think?!" Dasom is standing right outside the open bathroom door, twirling in a tight red, sparkly mini dress.

"Shit! You look hot. I wasn't going to wear anything spectacular tonight, but if you are, then I might as well!" Sungkyung, bolts out of the bathroom and straight to her room. I assume she'll be frantically digging through her closet for something perfect to wear to her party that she's throwing at her parents' lavish home.

"Soo, I wish you and Namjoon could stop by the party tonight. Shoot, I wish he could bring all his groupmates! It's insane how gorgeous they all are! I'd let that guy, Jin, do unspeakable things to me," Dasom says. This girl has no filter, but that's one of the many qualities I love about her.

"Oh, I wish I could help you fulfill that fantasy of yours, but I hope you understand that Namjoon and I just need some one-on-one time." I explain to my roommate.

"Oh I totally understand! What do the two of you have planned, anyway?!" Dasom inquires. My phone's daily alarm goes off, and I turn it off without a thought. I'm just so focused on finishing my hair since it's being unruly at the moment.

"It's going to be completely low-key. He's bringing over some food and we're just going to have a simple dinner and a movie," I share with her.

"And, do some love-making, I bet," she jokingly croons and winks at me.

"Im not going to lie. There will probably be plenty of that, too." I shrug and smirk at Dasom.

"Well, it's 5pm now. As soon as Sungkyung and I are ready, we'll be leaving so we can set up for the party. You and Namjoon behave!" She squeals the last part and gives me a back hug, and starts to walk out the bathroom.