22. Goodbye For Now

*Warning: Mature Content ahead. Please read at your own discretion.🔞

*********

24/04/21-25/04/21

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

"I can't wait to hang out with Dad and Aunt Kyungmin!" Moonsik cheerily says, walking beside me, his hand in mine.

It's Saturday, and Moonsik, Inna, Lucy, and I are making our way to the presidential suite Sejin-nim had booked during their stay here in Manhattan. For safety reasons, we are being escorted up by Sejin-nim and Chulsan.

We are all planning on having lunch together in their suite, as a way for Lucy to say goodbye to Namjoon and Kyungmin, since Lucy will be busy the following day. It'll also give Moonsik and Namjoon more time in the afternoon to fit in more bonding. Inna will be able to see Namjoon off tomorrow since she'll be coming back with Moonsik.

The plan is that after lunch and spending time together as a whole family, today, Inna and Lucy will be taking Moonsik back home with them. I will be staying the night so that Namjoon and I can spend one much more needed night together, one-on-one. I'm so grateful for my sister and her wife for always offering to babysit.

After we finished a delicious lunch, Namjoon surprised Moonsik with a remote controlled BB8 droid. Namjoon learned from Moonsik how he's been really into Star Wars lately and of course, Namjoon could not resist getting him the extravagant toy. Seeing Moonsik's face light up at the sight of the box was enough of an indication that his dad made a good decision with the present. It allowed them to build the droid together and they took it to the hotel's courtyard to have it run around the large space. Namjoon also brought them baseball gloves and a softball to play some catch.

Noticing Namjoon really putting thought and effort in every moment he has to spend with his son really touches me more than I'd expected.

When Namjoon had first asked me if he could visit us, I didn't know what to anticipate. And, now seeing the past two weeks play out- I'm really overjoyed for the time he was able to put towards getting to know Moonsik and being part of our lives.

Once Moonsik started getting noticeably tired in the evening, Inna and Lucy took him back home, while I remained at the hotel with Namjoon.

We invited Kyungmin, Chulsan and Sejin-nim to join us for dinner in the suite, but they insisted on giving us privacy and they all decided to go out for dinner, and retreated to their own private rooms, afterward.

Namjoon has asked me if I wanted to go out somewhere nice for dinner, but he knows how low-key I am, and he agreed to just ordering room service. It allowed us more time to just relax in the suite. Plus, I'd rather have privacy than have to try to dodge a public crowd.

After indulging in some delicious steak. I had Namjoon take a shower first, while I edited an article I was working on. After, the he finished and stepped out of the bathroom, with droplets all over his chiseled body and wrapped in a fluffy white towel, I slyly walk by him and yanked the towel off him, clutching the material and running straight to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I started giggling in the bathroom.

"HEY! I'M GOING TO GET YOU BACK FOR THAT!" I hear Namjoon jokingly warn me from outside the bathroom. I couldn't help but laugh louder.

After my much needed shower that made feel more refreshed, I come out of the bathroom wearing my silk baby blue robe I had packed in my overnight bag.

I now find Namjoon standing out on the balcony that overlooks the hotel's gorgeous courtyard. I step out, instantly feeling the chilly April air. As I walk up to him, with his back facing me, he looks cozy in his gray hoodie, with the hood up over his head, and sweatpants. He's leaning against the railing and he looks like he's deep in thought. I settle over to his right.