Epilogue

July 2045

"I can't believe our baby boy is getting married," Sooyoung cries in the passenger seat while I am driving us towards the location of Moonsik and Ana's wedding.

"He's hardly our baby boy now, Soo. And, he hates when you still call him that!" I tease my wife as I look over to her while we are currently stopped at a red light.

"He's not 28 years old in my eyes, okay?! He'll always be my baby boy!" Sooyoung argues in a pitiful yet cute way as she sniffles.

"I know, babe. And, now he'll be married and maybe they'll have their own babies in the near or distant future," I think out loud.

"I cannot wait for the day we become grandparents!" Sooyoung exclaims.

"Just don't make them feel rushed to become parents, okay, Soo!" I warn my wife. She gets extremely excited about these things and I don't want her to overwhelm Moonsik and Ana especially if they want to take it slow with starting a family.

But, who are we kidding?! I'm low-key excited for future grandbabies. I already have cute gender-neutral baby shoes stashed away!

"I know! I just can't help it!" Sooyoung sniffles some more.

Moonsik and Ana marrying was something we weren't sure was going to ever happen, but we are definitely glad that it is happening now.

We thought that, at best, the two of them would be each other's first loves and when they ended things during their sophomore year of college, they would hold a civil relationship as friends and move on.

Because Ana's step-dad and I are like brothers, it was inevitable for Moonsik and Ana to cross paths on a regular basis especially when they would be at the same family gatherings.

They broke up in their sophomore year of college not because of a lack of love between the two. I remember Moonsik having a heart-to-heart conversation with me around that time. He told me how both he and Ana have been extremely busy with their individual schedules, leaving them little time to give each other the attention they deserve out of one another. And, he also was honest in sharing that he wanted to experience college life where he could meet other women. He said Ana had mentioned how she felt guilty going to parties without him and that she, too, wanted to experience college life without feeling like she had to hold herself back

I told Moonsik to do exactly what he feels is right for him. I also gave him my perspective- I told him how I didn't have the luxury of living freely the way he's able to. I made him know that if he can do so now, that he should take advantage of this freedom to do whatever he wants with his life, without people telling him what to do or what society expects of him.

So, my son took my advice and he and Ana made the mutual decision to break up two years into their college years.

Then, on Ana's 26th birthday, her mom and step dad invited all of the BTS crew and their families on a Jamaican cruise. At the time, Ana had just got out of a year long relationship with some man and Moonsik was going through his Lothario-phase.

Moonsik and Ana were still friends at the time, but weren't as close as they used to be. But, when Moonsik decided to join in on the cruise, he and Ana ended up spending most of the cruise together that week. After that, they ended up spending more and more time together.

Now, they have been happily in love and are tying the knot! Both families are over the moon that they are starting a new journey together.

As we drive up to the botanical garden location where the wedding is taking place, we see our daughter, Sunhee, getting out of her current boyfriend's car.

I was reluctant in letting Sunhee attend with this new guy, but Sooyoung convinced me that she should have fun tonight with her date.

Neither Sooyoung and I expect this new relationship of Sunhee's to last. We don't expect it to last, not because we don't think she can commit, but she hasn't met the one to hold her attention when she's so busy with other parts of her life, like being top of her class. She graduated as a salutatorian since she had the second highest GPA in her graduating class.

She's leaving in a month to move in with her Aunts, Inna and Lucy, in New York, where she will be attending NYU in the fall.

We are excited for Sunhee and offered to get her an apartment of her own as a present. I mean, I thought she deserves it for graduating top of her class, but Sunhee insisted she'd rather live with her aunts, who agreed immediately to have her stay with them. Inna and Lucy adopted a son named Cameron, who is currently studying abroad in the UK. They are proud of him and miss him a lot, so I think maybe that's why they are more than fine to have their niece stay with them while she's out there for school. They like when the house has at least one child they can spoil.

My wife, Sooyoung, is constantly making me proud when it comes to her career. She is still doing what she loves as a pediatrician, though her job title has now changed to neonatologist. She now diagnoses and treats serious conditions of newborn infants that are known as complex and high-risk. It is definitely a physically and emotionally demanding job, but, if anyone is right for the task, it's Sooyoung. A lot of families have been grateful to Sooyoung for always putting a hundred percent in making sure that the child she is caring for has a chance to live and thrive.

And, me, I'm not as impressive as my wife, but my six brothers and I will be embarking on a reunion tour in a couple months, seeing ARMY again. I've been busy and loving being a producer and writer for other artists, but it's going to be fun going back to one of my favorite things which is performing. And, the fact that I get to do it side by side with six men who I love and respect, well, I wouldn't have it any other way!

*********

A/N:

And, that's a wrap on this story! Thank you so much for following along on this fluffy story! Please continue to the next page if you're interested in more that I have to say in my author's note! 🥰

🎵Song to check out: "Tonight, Tonight" by The Smashing Pumpkins

-MissDNoona