27. Dropping By New York

26/8/21

We finished shooting Bon Voyage in Peru. It's definitely a place I could see myself taking Sooyoung to someday, in the near future, just one-on-one. She'd absolutely love it there. I know she's been to many amazing places with her family, and I remember back when we were younger, she and I dreamt of traveling the world together. Maybe, in the future, when I have more freedom from being an idol and she's solidified herself in the career of her dreams, I can live that dream with her.

It would also be fun to take Moonsik all over the world with us and expose him to different cultures. I would definitely take him to so many of my favorite spots around the world, whether they be historical sites, museums, or scenic places, like the best parks in the world.

Anyway, now that the filming for Bon Voyage is done, our group has the next few days free. I opted to take a detour with Yoongi, Jimin and some of our staff to New York before we head back to Seoul.

The rest of the members are either going straight home or to other parts of the United States. Whatever they want to do on this rare time we have free, they truly deserve it.

For me, it was the perfect opportunity to see my woman and my son- two major loves of my life.

When I had told Moonsik about me coming by to visit, he squealed during our FaceTime call. I could also see, in Sooyoung's expression, how happy she was to hear that I'd be making time for them, in person.

Moonsik mentioned that he had a T-ball game during the time I would be there and I told him there was no way I'd miss it for the world, even if I have to cover myself in some crazy disguise!

~

We were able to schedule a flight early Thursday morning, which had us land at the La Guardia airport by 6pm, EST.

Since the people that Yoongi, Jimin, and I are visiting are all equidistant from each other, we opted to book rooms in the same hotel, as headquarters. Yoongi was most likely going to stay there since his girlfriend, Melina, is only in town for the weekend because of the band she's managing. It makes sense for them to stay at his hotel room. Jimin is meeting various friends, so he needs a place for himself, so he'll most likely stay at the hotel. I, however, will most likely be spending most of my time at Sooyoung's place, especially because she insisted I stay with them. But, I did book a room in case I overstay my welcome, since she shares her home with her sister and her sister's wife.

Sooyoung said that because I'm only going to be here a limited time, that staying with her at her place makes the most sense. She wanted Moonsik and I to fit in as many hours together and that meant a lot to hear. She even assured me that Inna and Lucy wouldn't mind me staying and that they understand the fact that she and Moonsik need to fit as much time with me.

Time, there's so little of it! But, that's why I planned ahead to ensure that I make the most of my trip in New York.

As soon, as we landed in New York, I took a separate vehicle with Chulsan and our driver to head straight to Sooyoung's apartment.

Chulsan walks up with me to Sooyoung's apartment floor. Chulsan, is someone I consider a good friend but he is also one of our bodyguards. So, of course, he is just going through the protocols of making sure I'm safe, but he plans on heading back to the hotel as soon as he knows I'm in a safe environment. We honestly don't know what people are capable of, like the media outlets and sasaengs- they could find out information, one way or another. I want Chulsan to enjoy his time out here in New York, and Jimin even invited him to join him and his friends tonight with whatever they have planned,. So, as soon as we know I'm safe and no one crazy is hiding out anywhere, I definitely won't keep him here long so that he can enjoy a little vacation himself.

When we get to the door, I ring the doorbell and the door immediately opens up, revealing Moonsik and Sooyoung right behind him. I had texted Sooyoung informing her that I was close to the door, so I think she already prepared our son.

"APPAAAAAA!!!" My son screams!

I quickly kneel down in front of him and he throws his arms around me and we embrace each other, remaining like that for a solid half a minute, then he lets go.

"I'm so happy you're here, Appa!" Moonsik excitedly tells me.

"That makes the two of us, kiddo! Are you ready to have some fun and bug Mommy together?!" I ask him. I look behind him, at Sooyoung, and give her a mischievous smirk, only for her to jokingly roll her eyes.

"YES!" Moonsik squeals.

"That's my boy!" I ruffle Moonsik's hair.

"Oh great! Two monsters of destructions in my roof! Good thing I love you boys!" Sooyoung teases.

"We love you, too. Mommy!" He turns to quickly hug his mom then looks back to me and Chulsan. Sooyoung and Moonsik greet Chulsan and we say our goodbyes to him and he leaves to head back to the hotel.

Once we are in, I quickly put my luggage in Sooyoung's room and the three of us eventually make it into the living room to catch up, which was basically Moonsik talking my head off about everything he's been up to, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

About an hour later, the door opens with Inna and and Lucy entering the place with a ton of take out food.

"Hi, Auntie Inna! Hi Auntie Lucy! Look! Look, my dad is here!" Moonsik shares to his aunts as he runs over to give them hugs. Sooyoung and I follow him, helping Inna and Lucy carry the food to the dining room!

"We are so happy to see you, Namjoon!" Inna says to me, giving me a hug as soon as both our hands are free. Lucy follows with an embrace.

"Seriously, Namjoon! These two couldn't stop talking about you coming to visit this weekend!" Lucy says after she hugs me and gestures to Sooyoung and Moonsik.

That made my heart warm hearing how excited my little family was to see me.

"I'm happy to be here! I've been counting the days since I found out I'd have time to visit" I genuinely say to them all.

*********

A/N:

I don't know about you, but Butter/ PTD era Namjoon is wrecking me big time.

🎵Song to check out: "Airplane Pt

🎵Song to check out: "Airplane Pt. 2" by BTS

Thank you for reading!!! XOXO✨
-MissD