25. Unexpected Visitor

04/07/21

Bora's 1st Person POV

It's been a while since I've seen Namjoon.

I cannot lie to myself... I miss him.

When he drunkenly called me a few nights ago, having spilled his problems, although vague, I wanted to show up at his door and just comfort him. But, I couldn't because i was out of town with my group. And, I also know his heart still belongs to someone else.

I don't know about this person he seems to care about so much, but I know it's leaving him a wreck at the moment.

Am I jealous of this other person? Of course I am. Why? Because, I wish he felt those strong feelings for me.

We made an agreement, two years ago, to have a no-strings-attached arrangement. This was back when neither of us wanted anything serious. We were both attracted to each other, and knowing we both have demanding schedules, serious relationships were not in the cards for either of us at the time.

But, who fucking knew that I would fall for the guy.

Fuck.

I now find myself in the parking garage of his group's housing.

Am I here unannounced? Yes. I honestly don't know what compelled me to drive over here but I feel like I needed to talk to him.

The guard let me in because I'm a usual visitor who he doesn't question or find suspicious like a sasaeng or a reporter. After I park in the guest area and get out of the car, I nervously walk into the lobby, and luckily I bump into Yoongi.

"Hi, Yoongi," I kindly greet him.

"Oh, hi, Bora. Is Namjoon expecting you?" Yoongi throws me a cordial smile.

"We spoke a few days ago and I was just here to talk to him in person," I inform him.

"Well, I guess you can come up with me, then," Yoongi tells me, as the elevator opens. He steps in and I follow right behind him.

As we make our way up, we share some small talk until we eventually make it to their floor.

When he opens the door, I see Namjoon at the kitchen island, with his laptop. He's clearly talking to someone on video chat. But, before I can make my way close to him, Jungkook unexpectedly comes to greet me.

"Hey, Bora! Um, Namjoon is in the middle of something important with family. He needs some privacy. Would you like to grab some bubble tea with me?" Jungkook offers.

"Um...sure," I reluctantly accept.

"Great!" Jungkook quickly slips on his shoes, "Let's head on out!"

~

We just got our bubble teas and walked out of the tea shop. Jungkook had confessed, on our way to the shop, that Namjoon was talking to the woman he's admitted he still loves from when they were together years ago. Jungkook said that Namjoon just needed privacy and I respect that.

I thought when he drunkenly called me sounding like he was lonely, that maybe he called it off with this person. But, it seems that this person means so much more to him.

At this point, I need to admit defeat and let go. Yes, I thought I was falling for him and that it could go somewhere, but, I guess it's not meant to be. And, though we were sexually compatible, Namjoon and I really didn't know each other beyond the physical interactions we shared. And, all we really knew about each other was our idol lives.