14. Father-Son Bonding Time

(Starts off same day as previous chapter)
11/04/21-12/04/21

"Okay, you ladies have fun shopping!" I tell Kyungmin and Sooyoung as they leave the apartment.

It's 11am on Sunday morning and today's plans include my sister and my ex-girlfriend going out to have a girls' day to catch up, with Chulsan accompanying them since he will be driving them around. While they're out, Sooyoung thought it would be a great opportunity for me to have one-on-one time with Moonsik. Of course, the nanny, Maria, will be present in case I need any aid, and Sejin-nim will also be staying with us.

Before Sooyoung and Kyungmin left us to our own devices, within the confines of the apartment building, she laid ground rules and expectations with Moonsik. She informed her son that they will be back later in the afternoon and that if he wants to have fresh air, he is allowed for me to take him up to the rooftop of the building. We decided to be honest with him and told him that I'm a well-known musician and that it can be dangerous for me to be spotted in public by photographers and mobs of fans, and that is why, for now, Moonsik is spending time with me in the apartment. We promised him we will have a lot of outings before I leave but that it takes a lot of planning. He seems understanding about the situation. He said as long as he can build a Lego city with me and watch some movies, he'll have fun.

So, now that his mom and Aunt Kyungmin are out of the apartment, it's time to have some father-son bonding time. And first, in our agenda is building a Lego city since Kyungmin and I couldn't resist getting him the sets he was drooling over at the Lego Discovery Center.

"I'm so excited to build all these new models with you, Namjoon! Thank you so much for all the Lego sets!" Moonsik excitedly tells me while he smiles at me and sits in the center of the living room with the new boxes of sets surrounding him. Yes, I went a little crazy and got him some lavish skyscraper Lego sets. But, if I were a kid, I'd want these myself, and I'm going to spoil my son if I want to.

"I'm really glad you're excited to build them and that I can help!" I reply back to the kid. Watching him open the first box and joyfully starting to look at the instructions and organize the Lego pieces was a pleasant sight to see and it took me back to my own childhood.

Sooyoung and I were worried that Moonsik would want to leave the house at some point while she was out with Kyungmin. But, Moonsik and I were so engrossed in building our full on Lego city most of the time that Sooyoung and Kyungmin were out. Sejin-nim would help us from time to time if he wasn't on the phone handling business or checking on emails. Moonsik was plenty entertained by building and playing different movies on Disney+.  Maria made sure that Moonsik, as well as Sejin-nim and I, took a break for lunch, where we had some sub sandwiches delivered to the apartment.

A few hours have passed and it is now 5:30pm. Sooyoung and Kyungmin just walked in to the apartment, to the sight of me, Moonsik and Sejin-nim still diligently working on our Lego city.

"Wow, looks like you boys had quite the productive day!" Kyungmin says to us while observing our work.

"WE DID! HEY, MOM! KYUNGMIN! LOOK AT OUR CITY SO FAR!" Moonsik yells excitedly to his mom and Kyungmin after jumping up to greet his mom when she walked into the apartment behind Kyungmin.

"Wow, it looks impressive! Did you have fun with Namjoon and Mr. Sejin?!" She asks her son while picking him up and giving him a peck on the cheek.