36. Missing Dad

10/02/25

Moonsik's 1st Person POV

I turned nine years old a few days ago, and although I'm grateful I was able to talk to my dad on the phone on my birthday, I really wish I was able to see him. But, I understand that he has to serve his country during this time, and, for that, I respect that.

It's been over a year since he entered the military, and I'm really proud of my dad for being a role model to me, not just me, but to all his fans. I'm glad Dad will be back with Mom and me at the end of this year.

My mom and I now live in California where my mom is close to finishing her residency and is soon going to be a pediatrician. I'm so proud of my mom for all her hard work. Honestly, I'm grateful to have two parents to look up to. I plan to work as hard as my parents have.

I can tell Mom misses Dad being around just as much as I do. I try to cheer her up by making her drawings and spending time with her. We go on a lot of mother-son dates, like roller skating, carnivals, the zoo, and going bike riding. Before dad left for the military, he got us new bikes and mom and I have been taking them out to ride on a lot.

I wish dad could be with us on these outings, but I know that when he returns from the military, we'll have plenty of time together. I just have to be patient.

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

I know it's tough on Moonsik not to be be able to FaceTime Namjoon on a regular basis like they used to before the military service started. But, I'm glad Namjoon is given more time on his weekday evenings and all of his weekend to use his phone to call us. He has been consistently calling us everyday, which makes the separation less difficult.

Our son has been taking it all in stride. He's honestly been trying to stay strong and even though he misses seeing his dad in person, he understands the circumstances.

I know Moonsik can sense that I miss Namjoon and it means a lot whenever he tries to keep me happy by spending time with him. Namjoon and I definitely raised such a sweet, caring boy.

I definitely miss hearing Namjoon in the flesh. I miss his body against mine, whether it's making passionate love or just cuddling in bed watching our favorite shows. I miss talking to him in person. But, he's halfway through his service and I just hope the rest of that time just flies by so we can start a new chapter together here in California.

I wanted to do my residency in California and it worked out. The state is always where I wanted to settle down. And, I'm grateful that California is also part of Namjoon's future when it comes to his career.

Namjoon is partnering with Yoongi to open their own recording studio so they can produce for themselves but for other artists, as well. They'll still be in BTS, and they're company will be part of HYBE. As much as they love BTS and will continue as a group as long as they can, they've both dreamed of owning their own recording studio and producing more.

Namjoon's an ambitious man and I admire that about him. In fact, it inspires me to work hard on my endeavors. I'm so close to finishing my residency that I just cannot believe it. I went through many trials and tribulations, but I'm grateful to have him as major mental support, always encouraging me with his words. I admit that I'm proud of myself. And, I know Namjoon would be proud of me, too.

Before he entered the military, we we're able to find ways to look for homes in the Los Angeles area, having been able to fly out for a week to look around and we kept in contact with our agent in finding the right place for our family of three. And, luckily we found the perfect home in Burbank.

If I was asked ten years ago if this was going to be my life, I would have not believed it at all. But, when Namjoon came back into Moonsik's and my life, five years ago, us being together made sense. The love between us never disappeared and it constantly grows.

I can't wait to see what other adventures we'll find ourselves with as a family.

*********

A/N:

I started two new stories that I hope you can check out! I have a Taehyung story that is a 'Best Friend Road Trip' Alternative Universe. My other one is a Yoongi short story that is a party AU.

Also, this is one of the shortest chapters I've written, but I just wanted to give Moonsik's perspective of his dad being away in the military

Also, this is one of the shortest chapters I've written, but I just wanted to give Moonsik's perspective of his dad being away in the military. And, I know it's a huge time skip, but I just have a route I want to take this story on! I added Sooyoung's perspective because the chapter would've been even shorter.

I really tried to write in the perspective of an eight year old child. I hope it's good enough! 😆

🎵Song to check out: "Moonchild" by RM

I appreciate you checking out this chapter. Thank you!

-MissD