21. Making Changes For the Better

23/04/21

Sooyoung's 1st Person POV

Buzz buzz buzz

The buzzing of my phone wakes me up. I absentmindedly pick up the phone and answer it without checking the caller ID.

Sooyoung:
"Hello?"

Unknown:
"Um, hello? Is this one of Namjoon's assistants?"

I hear a woman speaking English with a heavy accent. I look at the screen and it says it's a 'Bora' on the call.

Fuck, I accidentally picked up Namjoon's phone thinking it was mine. I keep my phone unlocked, but apparently he does, too.

Sooyoung:
"One second, Miss."

I tried to stay calm and put the phone on mute. I sit up and shake Namjoon.

"Namjoon, wake up. Babe, wake up," I say into his ear as I try to shake him awake. He groans and slowly opens his eyes.

"Huh?" The groggy man sounds out.

"I answered your phone thinking it was mine, and there's someone on the line for you. I put her on mute," I inform him, calmly.

"Who?" He asks in a raspy voice.

"A Bora," I simply answer him.

"Shit," he mutters to himself. He gently grabs his phone from me and unmutes it and answers the call.

Namjoon's 1st Person POV

I was going to leave the room to answer this call, but I figure I should be open with Sooyoung, and I intend on ending what I have with Bora. I have nothing to hide.

Namjoon:
"Hello Bora."

Bora:
"Hi, Namjoon! Are you working right now?"

Namjoon:
"No, It's early in the morning here."

Bora:
"Who answered the phone, then? I mean, I guess it's none of my business."

Namjoon:
"You're right, but, if you need to know, Kyungmin and I are visiting someone close to us who we haven't seen in years. We're just here to have breakfast right now. My friend thought it was her phone since we have the same iPhone, so she answered, not looking at the screen. "

Bora:
"Oh, okay. Sure. When will you be back. You said you wanted to talk."

Namjoon:
"I do want to talk. It's just been hard to get each other on the phone."

Bora:
"Well, what did you want to discuss?"

Namjoon:
"I actually wanted to stop what we're doing."

Bora:
"Our arrangement? I mean, we did discuss that if one of us was done, then the other has to respect that decision. But, why all of a sudden, if you don't mind me asking?"