Familiar Face (Re-Uploaded)

Outside Monstadt

Two boys accompanied by a certain fairy were crossing the stone bridge leading to the huge entrance of Monstadt as Venti gave the blond a smile "Thanks for inviting me to take down some Hilchruls. I needed-"

"You needed to be distracted. I understand that recounting your past is painful. And I understand what it feels like to lose a loved one."

The bard smiled as he looked at the blond with braided hair "I'm sure you'll see your sister again. Aether." The blonde smiled as they passed through the massive gates of Monstadt.

The two entered seeing the bustling streets where there were people doing their shopping for the day, others talking amongst themselves about news or usual gossip.

But then.... Into the young bard's ears came a strange conversation between two women "Have you heard of the new bard?"

"Yeah, he's kind of a weird guy but his songs are soulful."

"Hey, come to think of it. He looks like the bard in the white and green suit."

Venti thought it was very strange as he decided to approach the two along with Aether "Excuse me. Honorable ladies, I would like to know more about 'that' bard."

The two looked at each other as one spoke to him curiously "Since yesterday, a bard appeared in the lares of Monstadt. But I must admit, his songs are beautiful and profound and he sounds a lot like you."

Venti smiled as she touched her lyre "A worthy opponent~*Do you know where I can find him?" The two looked at each other while the other looked at the statue of Archon Anemo. "I heard that at this hour he appears at the statue of Lord Barbatos."

The three obliged as they walked away in the direction of the statue.

"Someone capable of rivaling Deaf Bard? How I would love to see him." Paimon as in front of them as he smiled "Then what will you do. Lord Barbatos." She finished the last two words with derision.

"Oh Paimon. And to think you would mock the God of Monstadt." Venti pretended to feel pained as the fairy denied "I don't care if you are Archon Anemo or Barbatos. To me you're still the Deaf Bard."

"Oh~* To me tea I consider as emergency food~* LA LA LA LA~*"

"That's worse than being a pet!"

Aether chuckled as she looked at the white fur "I still consider you my emergency food."

The fairy whined "For the last time!!! I AM NOT EMERGENCY FOOD!" Venti looked with amusement at the little fairy "Hehe~*"

"HEHE TE NANDAYO!"

The two laughed as they reached the statue where Archon Anemo stood. Until a melody that sounded like he hadn't heard for over 2,600 years flooded the bard's ears "That song.... Impossible..." He began to run towards the group of people that were grouped together.

He carefully managed to get close but not close enough but close enough to see who it was. "N-N-No way... It can't be... Impossible." Venti covered his mouth with both hands shocked looking at the person playing the melody. Trying to hold back the urge to cry.

He was identical to Venti, but their outfits were completely different though similar but to Venti.... It was rather familiar. To him it was certainly not. "N-Neil..."

FLY~* FLY AWAY~*

LIKE A BIRD IN THE SKY~*

SEE THE WORLD ON MY BEHALF...