9th Herrscher! Awake! King of the Stars!

Scaramouche began to open his eyes as he felt four pairs of hands embrace him while he looked at Kazuha and Gorou. It had been two days since Tomo's funeral. He could notice that the sky had violet hues indicating the early morning, it was a couple of hours before the sun would rise.

Kazuha needed company because he used to keep having dreams where he couldn't save Tomo at the hands of Baal.

The violet haired boy blinked as he carefully stepped out of the way leaving the two of them as he walked out of his room in silence. To his surprise that didn't wake Kazuha as he was the one with sharp senses as well as Gorou's.

Scaramouche looked at the two for a few seconds before closing the door with his clothes changed.

"Scaramouche?"

He recognized the voice as he looked in the direction where it came from in the hallway "Mei-senpai. You woke up early too?"

"Yes... I was going to walk around the garden on the village side for a bit." She spoke with a smile "Would you like to join?"

"I could use it." He said in the same manner as they both started walking towards the exit. They were obviously accompanied by two Shogunate guards as bodyguards.

Mei and Scaramouche were walking across the wooden bridge followed by the two soldiers who kept some distance to give them privacy while the girl with the same color hair looked at the cherry trees "What memories

Mei and Scaramouche were walking across the wooden bridge followed by the two soldiers who kept some distance to give them privacy while the girl with the same color hair looked at the cherry trees "What memories..."

"Does it remind you of Japan?" Scaramouche asked looking at the cherry trees while she nodded "Hai.... It's been a long time since I set foot in my homeland. Since working for World Serpent and then going back to Anti Entropy and Hyperion I could hardly go. This feels like home... If we beat the Honkai... I'm thinking of moving to live here."

"Don't even think about it. Kiana will be right on your heels.... And I'd have to deal with a crisis where food is scarce with how gluttonous she is." The boy fell silent for a few seconds before they both laughed.

They both finally stopped as Mei looked serious without another glance at the cherry trees "You didn't tell them about Anti-Entropy and your job as Valkyrie."

Scaramouche denied as he closed his eyes "I'd like to.... Mei-senpai... But... You just fought a war, you need some time, and so do I. For Inazuma to become stable again."

"I know..." She looked with a smile at the shorter boy "But with you leading them.... You'll be able to do it. Scaramouche, you've come so far. Be proud of what you've accomplished."

"That's true but..." Scaramouche looked up before watching the sun rise from the horizon "With each passing day.... I feel... That the Herrscher of the End is getting closer and closer." He then shook his head as he looked at her "But let's enjoy this peace for the time being."

Mei nodded her head watching the sun already rising from the horizon "Shall we go back?" the Shogun nodded as they returned to the castle where they were greeted as usual by some members of the Shogunate and the Sangonomiya.