Old Friends

They were all in the dining room of the Kamisato Mansion while having breakfast. Neill couldn't help but look sideways at Yae.

The miko could notice the bard's gaze as she looked up curiously "Is something wrong, Lord Neill?"

The bard denied with a smile "It's nothing.... I just noticed something." She looked curious as the bard continued "You're a Miko though.... Or should I call you... Former Electro Archon of Inazuma."

Everyone who was still eating gagged at that as Ayaka looked confused "Lord Neill, what do you want to sayi-?"

"Yae Miko gives off great elemental power similar to Baal and after studying it better I noticed that they are traces of Electro Gnosis, I guess you gave Baal your Gnosis right?"

Yae put down her cup of tea as she smiled "I didn't think you'd find out about me so soon.... Neill. That's right... But my title was passed down to Baal 500 years ago." She looked up as she changed to a serious expression "However.... After the incident with the Traveler.... Baal became completely different and worse than before.... It was like watching him."

"You're talking about Decarabian.... Aren't you?" Neill spoke with the same grim expression "What Baal does.... He has no difference in being a Tyrant Archon like the previous Archon Anemo was."

Yae lowered her gaze somewhat sadly "Baal was a pure and righteous girl.... But... She began to obsess over eternity and wanted to attain it too at all costs."

"Is she aware of what she's doing?" Fu Hua spoke while observing pitifully "She really doesn't know what it means to be immortal..." Zhongli knew what she meant, she was 50,000 years old and had experienced the worst things about immortality. "Fu Hua..."

Yae looked serious as she closed her eyes " . . . "

"Storms forming a wall across the nation.... People oppressed by a dictator Archon .... For the love of the Archons.... She is the spitting image of Decarabian treating her people like this..." Neill clenched both fists as he continued "If she keeps this up.... There will come a day when her people will reject her. Like Monstadt did with Decarabian."

Yae lowered her gaze somewhat sadly "It's true.... Just like 2,500 years ago when you fought for the freedom of your people."

Venti under the gaze "And also.... Where Neill lost his life... No... We can't let this tragedy repeat itself, Baal is still time to stop this..."

Thoma looked curious "Wait, Neill died 2,500 years? Then how?" The bard sighed as he recounted his return and rise as Second Archon Anemo.

Tohma and Ayaka were shocked as he finished the story "And the rest is history." The princess of Garza smiled softly "And even in death, a bond can be stronger.... What a touching story."

Neill smiled as he stood up "That's why Baal must be stopped, before he makes the same mistake Decarabian did."

Yae nodded as she stood up "Then it's time.... Barbatos, Morax... Let's go see Baal." The two nodded as Neill looked at his emerald eyed twin "Be careful, Venti."

I'll will, I'm an Archon after all." The green-haired boy smiled as they both walked out thanking Ayaka for the shelter and giving them a place to sleep.

Neill, Kaeya, Albedo, Mei, Kiana, Bronya, Teucer, Siegfried, Tohma, Kazuha and Scaramouche headed to Watatsumi Island while Yae led both archons to Inazuma City.

Scaramouche had a serious and thoughtful look that didn't pass for the white-haired samurai with red highlights "Is something wrong, Akira-kun?"

"No... It's just that... Yae Miko... She reminds me of a certain someone." Kazuha listened curiously as he continued "That person.... Her name was... Yae Sakura."