So wrong, yet feels so right D.M

Sometimes during your patrol shifts around the castle as Head Girl, you notice that you manage to see Draco everywhere. You know he has the same shifts as you, but his shifts are all the way on the other side of the castle. There's no way he could possibly reach your side of the castle unless a teacher forced him to be somewhere else or he was doing it intentionally. You assumed it was the latter.

Draco always loved getting on your nerves. You truly believe that he considers it his job to annoy you. He doesn't even have to be near you to aggravate you.

You didn't know when you first started liking Draco, but you did know that you hated the fact that you ever did. He bullied people, your friends. He hates everyone, and sometimes it seems like he even hates himself. Then again, how could he not? He's a rude, cocky boy who uses his big mouth to make other people feel less than him.

And yet, even considering all of those factors, you still genuinely felt yourself being pulled towards him, as if gravity refused to let you stray too far. You told your friends this, assuming you could trust them, but things hadn't gone the way you had hoped.

It was during lunch one day when you decided to tell your friends. The fact that you liked one of the most hated students at Hogwarts had been eating away at your for weeks prior to that day, and you knew that at this point you needed to get it off of your chest.

You sat impatiently at the Ravenclaw table as you waited for your friends to arrive, your leg bouncing up and down rapidly. Your eyes darted anxiously around the Great Hall and somehow landed on the Slytherin table when a jovial laugh reached your ears. You knew that laugh all too well, and your eyes soon connected with Draco's, who stared you down in confusion. His eyebrows furrowed at your nervous expression and he frowned when he noticed you were biting your lip, something you did when your anxiety was getting the best of you.

You thought he was frowning because of you staring, appalled at the fact, so you quickly tore your eyes from his and snapped them shut, silently scolding yourself for being so stupid.

However, you were wrong. Draco wasn't appalled, he was concerned. Something was eating away at you, and he wanted so dearly to know what it was. He thought about getting up from his seat, but when he saw you look away with disgust in your eyes, everything he was thinking about or feeling completely disappeared and he stiffened in his seat.

You really did hate him. He thought that maybe all of those times he caught you looking at him and teased you for it was because you might have actually felt for him what he felt for you, but after that glimmer of hatred in those eyes he adored so much, his hope faltered to a flicker of what once was a small, ever-growing flame.

He turned away the moment your friends arrived at the table and refused to look at you for the rest of the lunch period.

You sighed in relief when your friends finally sat down across from you, leaning forward to listen intently for what you had to say to them.

"So... What is it that you so urgently need to tell us?" One of your friends asked.

Your friends expected words to escape your mouth when you parted your lips, but instead, all they received was silence. You friend rolled her eyes.

"Come on! Whatever it is, it can't be that bad! You can trust us!" She insisted.

You sighed, closing your eyes again and parting your lips, praying words would escape them this time.

Luckily, it did, and you finally told them how you felt about the infamous Draco Malfoy. How you couldn't look at him without feeling your heart race in your chest. How every time he spoke to you or called you princess in that annoyingly teasing way, your face would heat up and you would start stuttering.