Alone time D.M

God — you absolutely despised Draco Malfoy.

He reminded you of why you asked the sorting house to not place you into Slytherin; he was rude, a smartass, and an asshole.

Everyone knew how much you and Draco liked to bicker with each other. It's almost as if he knew what got under your skin, or maybe it was because everything he said gave you the urge to tell him to shut up. He would never stop talking about how you would ruin the school's reputation, being an international student from north America.

Honestly, arguing with Draco had been a regular thing. Maybe a few small pranks here and there, but that was only when he had royally pissed you off (it happens quite often). Although you did find Draco quite attractive, it was completely overlooked by how much of an ass he was.

You sat in the dining hall with your fellow Gryffindor students, harry, Hermione, and Ron. They were the only ones you really talked to, well in your year at least.

From across the room, you locked eyes with Draco. You glared at him, then rolled your eyes, focusing your attention back to your three friends.

"Seriously Y/n, if you want to ace herbology, you're going to need to listen to me," Hermione mutters, continuing to go over notes with you.

"Sorry, it's just Malfoy has been giving me dirty looks, kind of in the mood to punch him right now," you snort, then feeling Hermione flick your forehead shortly after. "Come on Y/n, you can deal with Malfoy later."

"How long have you and Malfoy been going at each other?" Ron asks, "It feels like it's been decades."

You laugh, "It's only been a year, alright? And it's only because he's such an ass."

"Me? An ass?" you hear Malfoy emitting from behind you, you could practically hear the arrogance dripping from his voice. You roll your eyes, then turn to look at him.

"Listen here Malfoy," you hiss, "I swear to god, if you don't fuck off, I will personally, beat the shit out of you."

Malfoy laughs, looking back at his friends, than back at you. "Looks like the pretty girl has a potty mouth," he says through his laughter.

"Get out of here Malfoy," harry told Draco, and Draco only replied with the roll of his eyes.

"Whatever, potter. See you guys around, and watch yourself, Y/n. You never know what's coming."

Malfoy leaves after that, and you groan in annoyance. Hermione breathes deeply, feeling the same amount of irritation as you.

"how do you put up with his shenanigans? I cannot stand Malfoy," Ron states, venom lacing his voice when he says Malfoy's name.

"Well you know," you sigh, "It just never ends. I get him back for doing something to me, and then he does something even worse after, but I don't mind."

Harry looks at you with confusion in his eyes, "What do you mean you don't mind? I would definitely mind."

"Well," you pause, glancing at Draco who is already glaring at you, "I've been thinking. Ever wanted to see Draco with red hair?"

"Oh my god, A/n no! We'll lose a terrible amount of points!" Hermione gasps, closing her notebook to convince you that this would be a big mistake.

"It would be worth it," harry chuckles, imagining how Draco would react to having Gryffindor's colors among his head.

"Harry!" Hermione snaps.

"By the way Y/n, are you coming to the common room party tonight?" Ron asks, but you shake your head. "no, I don't think so. I want to prepare for Malfoy's new hair do, but I'm sure you will have fun."