Setting up fate M.R

(Characters don't belong to me, but by the author of Possessive)

My book was rudely snapped shut by a firm hand, the world conjured up between the sentences evaporated into thin air by the abrupt interruption.

My head flung up to meet the smirking eyes of Odeya and Jacob, both stood over my quiet and serene area in the common rooms. I raised an eyebrow "What?"

Jacob let go of my book, letting me place it back into my bag with care. His arms crossed, "You've got detention. Tomorrow, in the Astronomy classroom."

I furrowed my eyebrows "No, I don't."

Odeya smiled, but not in plain kindness and more in a way that suggested she knew something I didn't. "You do. Trelawney's mad with you - enraged, even."

The other nodded in agreement "stopped us in the corridors, said something about a missing assignment."

I wracked my brain for any missing piece of work, or perhaps something I'd done wrong with another I'd already submitted?

Nothing.

I narrowed my eyes "What are you two playing at?"

Jacob exhaled and threw her arms in the air "God, Y/N! You think we'd make something like this up? You're wanted at 9:00PM tomorrow, dead on time" and with that, he left for the night to his - our dorms.

Odeya only smiled and nodded "You heard him. I'll even walk you there, if you're skeptical?"

My lips tightened in a contented smile "Yeah, alright. Thanks, Odeya." She shrugged before following Jacob's previous path, leaving me on the lounge in front of the fireplace alone.

The silence was only disturbed when the door slammed shut behind a pacing figure, making me slowly turn my head in subtle annoyance at the obnoxiousness of this person's entrance. My eyes were laced with disbelief but then widened slightly when I saw Theo Riddle come storming in. I turned back to the fire, trying to seem casual despite him not even noticing my presence.

The boy had a scowl on his face, and I noticed that he seemed agitated at something. Strange, he usually kept his cool in the space of the common rooms - it was in public that he liked to make scenes. He didn't seem furious as such, but the way he stuffed his hands into his trouser pockets and glared at the stairs as he sauntered to his dorms, it was evident that some sort of bad news had been delivered to him this evening.

Half an hour ago-

Draco sauntered into the library where Theo was returning a textbook for class, hands in his pockets and casually swaying in. His eyebrows momentarily raised in recognition once he caught sight of him and he made his way over, coming to lean against a bookshelf with a knee hitched up.

He whistled a low tune "You're in deep shit, I'll say."

Theo's eyebrow cocked upwards, a small look of distain on his face as he demanded "what?"

"Snape's given you detention - caught me in the hallways after dinner."

He scoffed "right, okay."

"I'm serious? Actually, he caught me with a girl the other day - completely ruined the mood, might I add - so I'll be joining. He's serving it in the astronomy classroom, fuck knows why."

Theo turned to face him, "I haven't done anything, Draco."

A smirk, "That's not what Snape says. You can ask him about it tomorrow, lad. I'll meet you in the common rooms at ten to nine, we can go together."