My treasure C.D

Cedric and I became friends in our second year at Hogwarts, he comforted me every time I was homesick or nervous over some exam and I always tried helping him in every way I could. We were inseparable.

I already knew, deep down, that I had feelings for him. That I loved him in more than a "friendly" way . But I wouldn't admit it to myself, not until that day in my - our - sixth year at Hogwarts...

When I entered the Great Hall everyone was whispering, at first I didn't care, but as soon as I went to where I always sit - next to Cedric at the Hufflepuff table - there was another girl already sitting there, a Ravenclaw that I later found to be Cho Chang.

She was snuggling close to him and talking about her day while he smiled at her. I feel sick...so anxious and sick and like my heart is trying to beat its way out of my chest. Suddenly Cedric seemed to notice my presence and looked nervously at me "Hey Y/N, do you mind sitting somewhere else? Just for today."

I smiled and said "No problem, Ced" and that hurt, because it wasn't just for that day, it went on and on. Seeing Cedric slowly leaving me for her, putting me aside, it was like thorns were gathering around my heart.

At first I tried not to show how much I was affected by that, by the way she looked at him. I was the one cheering for him at the first row of the stands when the first task came, and I was the one who screamed the loudest when he got the egg. I also researched everything I could about mer-people at the library when he told me about the second task...but it was practically impossible to ignore the knot in my throat every time they were together.

As clichê as it sounds, I wouldn't ruin my friendship with Cedric because of some one sided feelings that I had developed on my own. Simple teenage passions come strong and go away quickly, but friendship is forever. That's what I told myself every time I every time I thought about confessing myself to him.

The second task was gonna be tomorrow and I was at the library very focused in my personal task: Helping Cedric with the bubble charm. That was until Professor McGonagall approached me. "Miss Y/N, please, I need you to come with me" she took me to an empty classroom.

But something feel off...In the second I opened my eyes again I was gasping for air to enter in my burning lungs. I also felt someone's strong arms pull me out of the water while someone else was putting towels around my cold and shaking body.

"W-what's happening?" I asked no one in particular when my vision focused on the large crowd and my ears were flooded with screams and cheers.

Soon Cedric came into my view, he was soaked - so as me - and smiling brightly while people greeted him, but then his gaze fixed on me and a worried look broke out onto his face.

"Y/N, are you okay!? Here, take my towel" he said while placing it over my shoulders. "Ced, what's going on? Why was I in the lake?" my eyes widened as I realized it "The second task- I-"

"You were my treasure, yes" he said before I could finish, and then he murmured something along the lines of "I should have known this when you didn't show up"

"Hold up, I was your treasure? Why me? Why not Cho? You and her have...a thing, don't ya?" I was so afraid of what the answer was gonna be.

He smiled, but it wasn't as bright as Cedric's usual smiles, it was sad - almost ashamed - and looked away. "I realized too late I was trying to ditch the feelings I had for so long being with someone else...I acted so wrongly, I feel ashamed. I'm so sorry Y/N/N. I messed up and I know it. I should have just told you I was in love with you when I first realized and accepted rejection, instead of just walking away from you" he said running a hand through his wet hair.

"Wait...you're in love with me?" both my heart and my mind were racing at that moment.

"Listen Y/N, I don't blame you if you don't like me back, I'm only trying to do what I should have done long time ago" I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off by him before even trying. "I just want you to know that I'll always be there for you, as a friend or as something else if you decide so. Because this was only a confirmation to want I already knew..." he toke a deep breath and said "It's you, it always has been you. You're the one who I truly love" it felt like butterflies were throwing a party inside my belly.

I had no other reaction but to kiss him and as soon as I did he returned. Placing a soft hand on my face while caressing my cheek and the other pulling me closer by the waist, and things felt right in place once more. He's mouth tasted like honey. I could kiss him all day, that's what I was thinking. It was only when more cheers errupted that I realized we had a audience.

Ced and I looked at each other, enjoying the new sensations for a bit and then we laughed. It was like floating in a wave of happiness as I let the feeling take over my body while Cedric hugged me.

He won the first task and I won the love I've always wanted.