Point of view C.D

It happens at the beginning of third year, unexpectedly and problematically so, when Cho realizes she holds a blooming plethora of feelings for Cedric Diggory close to her heart. She watches as he steps off the train and onto the platform, dressed in his Hufflepuff robes. He's gotten noticeably taller over the summer, and his once slicked back hair is replaced with soft tufts of light brown, hanging as fringe around his head and shining in the lamppost light. She's taken by surprise at how handsome she thinks he's become.

As more students begin to exit their compartments, the platform becomes increasingly busy with bustling bodies, and Cho finds herself gripping Crookeshanks closer to her chest as she leans up on her toes, trying to catch glimpses of him over her friends' shoulders. She almost trips over her feet— twice— and mumbles apologies to her friends when she accidentally stumbles into their backs. They both only manage to give her incredulous looks before they turn back around and continue walking down the station. Everyone is walking, she notices, everyone except for him.

She's getting closer to Cedric now, and she thinks that maybe she'll wave to him when she walks by, soft and discreet so that no one will notice except for the boy it's intended for. But then, just as she raises her hand, Cedric turns to face the train, extending his arm and Cho watches as another set of hands grasp at it delicately before you hop out of the cart and into his awaiting arms.

Cho has surpassed you and Cedric now. She's looking behind her and over her shoulder as she continues to walk forward without regard for her surroundings. She sees Cedric smile and hears him laugh, probably for the first time since she's known him and the thought makes her little heart ache because it's not with her. When you detach yourself from his body, you take his hand in yours and begin to pull him down the path. She accidentally makes eye contact with you, and you send her an awkward flutter of fingers that causes her cheeks to flush red in embarrassment when she realizes she forgot to put her hand down.

Cedric takes notice of your movement and looks ahead to see who it was for, and when his eyes lock on Cho's, he gives her the notorious scowl he reserves just for her before he looks away and leans down to whisper something in your ear.

You have all of his attention now, and as all the students make their way to the school of witchcraft and wizardry, Cho watches as Cedric Diggory walks himself to Hogwarts with you on his arm.

Currently, Cho is present in Care of Magical Creatures with other Ravenclaw's and Hufflepuff's alike, and normally, she would enjoy entertaining Hagrid and his whimsical fantasies of exploring new creatures, only Cedric is on the ground and Buckbeak is in the air and "Hagrid, he needs to be taken to the hospital!"

It's later that evening, well beyond curfew when she tucks herself out of bed quietly and slips out of her sleeping quarters unnoticed. Making her way out of the common room is easier, no one in their right mind would be awake at this hour, and maybe that's saying something considering she's on her way to visit Cedric in the hospital wing right now. The castle is eerily quiet and the sound of her feet pattering down the steps and through the corridors follows her wherever she goes. She can only imagine how scared he must be, all alone with a broken arm in the dark of the castle.

If she keeps him company throughout the night, he'll have no choice but to realize that she isn't so terrible after all. She just has to make him her friend first, then the rest will come easier.

Cho is almost there now, only a few more steps and then all she has to do is turn into the room and she'll be right there with him. However, fate does not appear to be on her side because just as she is about to brush past the wall and walk under the arch, she hears a pair of hushed whispers and the unmistakable sound of Cedric's laugh that she has recently come to love. She halts her steps immediately and peers around the stone to find Cedric sat up in his cot, pajamas adorning his frame and a white cast on his arm.