Chapter 22: "I'm so hurt."

-Harry's POV-

I force my eyes open at the sound of my alarm going off. It's to early. Far to early.

My hand slides across the bed, searching for the warm body that should be beside mine. But I don't find one. I'm alone.

I reach over, grabbing my phone off the nightstand and silencing it before looking around the room.

I squint from the sunlight coming through the windows and rub my eyes as I hear movement in the bathroom.

The door opens slowly, the usual squeakiness of it barely being heard.

Ava's eyes widen a bit when they meet mine. She wasn't expecting me to wake up.

"Where you going?" I question as she riffles through the dresser.

"I need to go into the office. Sorry I woke you."

"You didn't." I sit up, pulling the sheet over my lap as Ava slips some shoes on. "My flight leaves in an hour.."

"I know." She avoids my gaze as she tries to zip up her boots.

"You were trying to sneak out."

"No." She shakes her head, giving up on her boots and grabbing a pair of heels.

"You know my flight's soon... You were trying to leave without waking me." I point out. "Why?"

"To avoid this."

The words are like a swift punch to my gut. I knew it. I knew this would happen.

"You regret last night." I state as she quickly pins her hair up.

"I...I don't know."

"You do... Just not being truthful to me about it."

She looks at me intently, narrowing her eyes. "So we're supposed to tell each other the truth now? Or is it just me that's supposed to be honest with you?"

My shoulders drop. She's every right to be upset at me. Mad at me.

"Ava I'm sorry." I sigh, "Am just confused."

"There's nothing to be confused about." She shrugs.

"Nothing?... What?" I stand up, clutching the blanket around my waist as I reach for her arm. Tugging her towards me.

She doesn't fight me. But she doesn't look up at me either.

"I thought you were done with me. Was sure of it. Then we had sex. You wanted to Ava... How could I not be confused?"

"I need to go."

She tries to pull away from me, but I hold her in place. "Av, please. Don't. We need to talk before I leave."

"I have a meeting." She sniffs.

She's trying not to cry. Again I'm making her cry.

"Cancel it."

Her head shoots up, her eyes narrowing "Cancel your concert."

"Fuck Ava... You know I can't do that." I run my free hand through my hair.

"I know." She agrees. "But don't ask me to do what you won't."

"I'm not... I.." I take a deep breath, "Will I see you in two days? You have a flight back then yeah?"

"I cancelled it."

"What? When?" I question, feeling panic set in.

"This morning."