Chapter 24: A Surprise

18 Weeks Along

-Harry's POV-

I groan as the ball flies past me, once again not making contact with my racket.

"Think that's a new record mate!"

I shoot Liam a dirty look from across the tennis court as I walk over to the side, snatching my water bottle off the ground. I take several large gulps by the time he makes it over to me, panting and trying to catch his breath.

"Been beaten enough for one day?" He asks jokingly.

I roll my eyes as I wipe a towel across my face and the back of my neck. I'm sweating far to much for losing all three games we've already played this afternoon.

"Just having an off day." I shrug.

"You said that yesterday." Liam points out, chuckling at me.

"Must of meant it then."

I've always taken a bit of pride in how good I actually was at tennis. The one sport I could easily wallop all the other lads in. However the last few days, I've been absolutely wretched it at.

"Got any plans tonight?"

I raise an eyebrow at Liam. I knew this was coming. Every free moment we've had the past two weeks he's tried to keep me occupied. Tried to keep my mind distracted, my fingers from constantly fumbling with my phone. Waiting for a call. Waiting for the call.

"Louie and I were gonna take the girls out." He goes on, "You should come with."

"Not really in mood to be a fifth wheel." I shake my head.

"Come on mate. We'll have a proper good time."

I shrug as he pats me on the back. "Be good to get your mind off things for a bit I think."

"Don't reckon I deserve to get my mind off things."

"Come on Haz, humor me. You can always get a lift back to the hotel if we're that wretched of company." Liam gives me a tight lipped smile.

I appreciate he's trying. I don't think my actions in the past warrent him to, but Liam's never been one to hold a grudge. Or any sort of bad feelings for to long.

"Yeah, alright." I sigh, "Just don't make a deal of it yeah?"

Liam nods, challenging me to another game as I go to pick up my phone. No missed calls. At least not from the one person I want to hear from.

Six hours later I'm following the two happy couples into Toronto's Soho House. We're set outside, on the rooftop terrace. What our waiter insisted was the most romantic spot in the place. Just lovely.

"The view is gorgeous." Sophia notes as we put in our orders.

We all agree. Even I have to admit it is, no matter how much my mind insists I don't deserve to enjoy anything. Not after what I'd done.

Louie starts going on about his beloved football team and my mind wanders off.

She should be here with me. My arm slung around the back of her chair. Watching her laugh, soaking up the sound of it. Catching her smile, the certain one that's only ever directed towards me. Just being near her.

I've taken it for granted. All the little things I love about her. How my heart races when she simply glances my way.

I've taken it for granted. Again.

"So how are you holding up?"

I blink as I'm pulled out my daze by El's hushed voice.

"Erm.. I'm good. Yeah." I take a quick drink of my water as she leans towards me, keeping our conversation private as Louie babbles on.