Chapter 41: "I know."

23 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"You good?"

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yes." I sigh, "Just a bit tired. Your sister wore me out."

"She does tend to be more a bother then anything." Harry chuckles, the sound making me smile.

I adjust the cell phone on my shoulder as I hang up a few baby clothes. "She did paint the baby's room... Well she bossed around Finn while he painted the baby's room."

"You go with the color we agreed on yeah?"

"You mean the one you insisted on?"

"Hey now, you agreed."

"Only after you whined for thirty minutes."

"You still agreed." I can hear the smile in his voice. "It look good?"

"As much as I hate to admit it... Yes. It's perfect." I look around the soft yellow room.

"Knew it! Couldn't go wrong with a name like that. Banana Cream... Knew it was a winner the second I laid eyes on it."

I roll my eyes as I silently laugh. "Well hopefully it doesn't peel."

Harry busts out laughing, making me hold the phone away from my ear.

"You truly are my other half aren't you?" He laughs.

"Well I'm apparently telling bad jokes now so..."

"Now don't start being mean." He cuts me off with a chuckle, "That was really funny. Harry approved."

"Is it going in the book?" I raise an eyebrow as I shut off the light in the baby's room and close the door.

"Already wrote down... Really really miss you Av."

"I miss you too." I say quietly. "You have a few days off soon right?"

"Yeah.. Next week. I don't... I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it back to London though...."

"Oh." I bite my lip, already feeling tears in my eyes. I'm so emotional lately, there's no helping it.

"It's not that I don't want to love. Want to see you more then anything. I just... With the long flight and time difference.. I'd barely make it there before I'd have to turn right around and go back."

"Yeah. Of course. I understand."

"Am trying to move things around a bit. I want to see you Av. You know that right?"

"Yes I know." I take a breath as I sit down on the couch, resting my hand on my belly. "I wish I could come to you."

I sniffle, feeling a tear slide down my cheek.

"Baby.. Please don't cry." Harry's voice sounds pained, only making me more upset. "I'll make it work out. I will."

"Don't. I'll be fine." I nod to myself. "You need to be getting rest when you can, not on a plane the only days you have off."

"I'm fine love. Don't be worrying about me alright? Schedule's slowed down a bit, so I'm good. How's our little one?"

"Obnoxious." I rub my hand over my swollen belly. "Won't keep still. Didn't let me get very much sleep last night."

"It's cause you didn't ring me." Harry scolds.

"Harry, you were on stage."

"Would've hopped off for a second. Know I would've. Call me tonight. Promise?"