Chapter 30: Day Made

20 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

Stop Ava.

Stop questioning this. Just do it.

I press call, this time not letting myself end it before it even rings through once.

I'm doing this. I need to do this. I want to do this.

With the phone pressed snuggly up against my ear I hear it ring.

One. Twice. Three times before I hear a shuffling on the other end.

"Ava?"

"Yeah.." I suck in a breath. "It's me... How are you?"

"Am good... You alright?"

"Yeah."

There's a silence between us and I hate it. All I can hear is Harry's deep breathing, letting me know this call is making him as anxious as I am.

"Are you busy right now?" I finally ask, hearing a lot of noise in the background.

"No... Well yes I was but its not...... It's been two weeks Av."

I frown, hearing the hurt in his voice. Hurt that I caused.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"I'm not asking for an apology." He sighs. "Was worried. I texted you..."

"And I texted you back."

"That you would call me. It's been two weeks."

"I'm sorry."

"Said I'm not asking for an apology.."

"I know." I cut him off. "But I am sorry. I shouldn't of done that. I.. You have every right to be upset with me. I'm sorry."

"Av... Love please don't. You're not the one who should be saying sorry. I've done... a lot worse. Was just worried about you. About the baby. Kills me not knowing what's going on. Just... You're alright? You eating well? Not just rubbish?"

I chuckle lightly. "Not just rubbish. A little, but not a lot. What is all that yelling?"

"Sorry." I hear a door close and the screaming coming from the background quiets. "Am... It's just sound check."

"Did you?.." My eyes widen as I realize what he did. He walked off the stage to answer my call. "Harry you need to get back out there!"

"I will. When we're done talking."

"I'll just call you back. Paul is going to kill you."

"Let me worry about him. Am not getting off till we're done. So you're alright? Feeling good?"

I bite my lip, contemplating on if I should fight him on this. Paul is going to have his head. But even if I ended the call now, I know Harry would just call me back till I answered him.

"Yeah." I answer, "A little back pain and heartburn is the most I'm having to deal with."

"Good... good. It's not bad though?"

"No."

"Good. Yeah.. I errmm..."

"I miss you." I blurt out. "I know that's my fault, I shouldn't of..."

"Stop." Harry cuts me off. "It's not. I mucked this up Ava, not you. I just... I miss you too baby. I love you. You know that yeah?"

"Yes I know. I love you too."

"Av.. how do I make this right? I need to fix this. I... I need to be able to take care of you."

I feel tears sting my eyes at his words. God, I love him. He's hurt me so much, but I love him.

"You have time off before you start the tour in the states right?" I ask.

"Yeah.. After tomorrow nights show we have six days off."

"How were you planning on spending it?"

"Groveling, if I'm being honest."

I smile, literally hearing the smirk in his voice.

"Well maybe instead of groveling.. you could come here and we could fix this. Try to fix this.. together."

"Yeah?"

"Unless you'd rather grovel of course."

"Will probably do a bit of both."

"So you'll come? To London?"

"Already have my ticket. Flying out right after the show tomorrow night."

I grin, "Good."

"Where you staying?"

"I'm at Poppy's right now..."

"We're really going to try?" Harry asks, cutting me off.

"Yeah."

"Then stay with me. At our flat in London. I mean.. I would like for you to. Please?"

"Okay, I can do that." I nod to myself.

I hear him let out a sigh of relief, which only makes me smile more. "Good. Great.. Yeah. Fuck I wish I could kiss you right now..."

Harry's voice fades off as I hear a banging on a door and some yelling.

"You should get back on stage."

"Yeah I should. Don't want to though."

"Go.. I'll see you soon."

"I miss you. Love hearing your voice."

"Then I guess I'll have to call you again tomorrow."

He chuckles. I forgot how much I love that sound.

"I'll hold you to that. I love you Av."

"I love you. Now go get back on stage."

"Yes Ma'am."

With that our phone call ends, leaving me feeling sad and happy at the same time. Sad I couldn't talk to him for longer. Happy I'm going to see him in just a few days.

I'm going to see him in just a few days.

My phone beeps in my hand as I sit on my bed smiling like an idiot.

I open it up to Twitter, seeing Harry just posted a new tweet. One that I couldn't agree more with.

@HarryStyles: Day Made -H xx

__________________
Please click on that little star and vote! ⭐️