Chapter 29: So Many Lies

19 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"Now don't get into a scrap with me over it, but I couldn't resist.."

I raise an eyebrow as Poppy drops a magazine onto my lap.

I groan the second I see the cover. "Poppy, this is the third one you've bought in two days. I don't want to read this crap."

"Well I for one want to know what 90% of the population thinks is going on with my best mate." Poppy plops down onto the couch next to me, snatching the magazine off my lap and glancing through it. "Hmmmm. Reports are you're pregnant."

"Who would have guessed?" I roll my eyes, resting my hands on my swollen belly.

"But who is the father?" Poppy feigns shock, trying not to laugh. "Harry Styles fiancée Ava McCain may be trying to hide her precious baby bump, but we have all the dirty secrets straight from a dear friend of the couple.... Can we pretend that's me? I've always wanted to be involved in a proper scandal."

"Knock yourself out." I chuckle at her as I pull my legs up underneath me.

"According to a close friend of the couple, there may be trouble in paradise. After rumors of an elopement, Ava is no longer touring with her other half. Instead she has been seen out and about in both L.A. and London sporting what appears to be a growing baby bump. A baby is happy news for any couple in love, so why did the beautiful song writer decide to suddenly spend time apart from her handsome pop star? Sources have revealed that another popular member of the worlds biggest boy band may be to blame. After dodging rumors of an affair that caused Harry and Ava to split a little over a year ago, Liam Payne may once again be the cause of the sudden rift between the two..."

"What a load of shit!" I grab the magazine out of Poppy's hands, my eyes scanning the article. "They are seriously dragging Liam into this? They are calling him my baby daddy. My baby daddy?!"

"Alright enough with that." Poppy pulls the magazine out of my hands. "Thought it would be good for a laugh. Even I can be wrong now and then."

"Can't wait to see how they're going to explain Sophia and I having lunch together tomorrow. They just completely make up lies. Is that even legal?" I drop my head into my hands, tugging on the ends of my hair.

"Freedom of the press. The wankers have nothing better to talk about. I should of never bought the wretched thing."

"I never want to see another tabloid in my life."

"Agreed." Poppy nods. "So now that we've went over the sordid details of your made up affair, let's talk truth."

"Poppy..."

"You jet across the pond so your dearest mate can take care of you, the least she deserves is just that. Now what happened?"

"What didn't?" I rest my head back on the couch already tired of this conversation.

It's one I've managed to avoid with Poppy the last three days I've been in London. But also the same one I've had with myself countless times since I left Toronto a week ago.

"Well being you're here with me instead of Harry's fit arse, I'm guessing you didn't forgive him."

"No I didn't..." I sigh, "But I want to. I do, it's just... I don't know. I just can't bring myself to let him in again."

"Did you get to talk?"

"Yeah." I nod. "Almost all night."

"And?..."

"And I cried. He cried. He said he was sorry. I said I was hurt. We fell asleep after saying I love you and woke up and had sex then I left." I ramble off quickly.