Chapter 52: Focus

27 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

Harry's eyes stare into mine as he clutches onto my arm.

I know my expression mirrors his, us both looking a bit afraid and shocked.

He doesn't say a word to me as he abruptly turns and tugs me after him, gently but quickly leading me towards the back of the small cafe.

We hurriedly bypass a wide eyed Finn, his eyes shooting towards Gemma who now appears to be in a serious discussion with the waitress.

Within seconds Harry is pulling me into a narrow hallway, his hand now holding onto my own tightly.

His hand pushes against the first door we reach, a dark wooden one with a small 'Ladies' sign tacked to the front of it.

I gasp quietly as I'm yanked inside, the door being shut and locked as soon as we're inside.

The light flicking on blinds me momentarily, my eyes soon adjusting to see Harry standing across from me, his chest moving up and down quickly.

My own heart feels as if it could beat right out of my chest as I try to think of what to say.

"I....I'm sorry." I manage to breathe out. "I didn't know you were..."

"Shhhhh." He steps up to me, his gaze locked onto mine. "Just... let me look at you for a bit."

His thumbs graze over my cheeks as he smiles at me. My whole body lighting up from his gentle touch.

"Jesus love.... You're so beautiful." He mumbles, almost to himself as he looks over my face.

I reach up, grasping onto his wrists. Wrapping my hands around them as he looks into my eyes.

And suddenly, it's just us.

Everything else... All the worries, the stress, the loneliness. It all fades away. Leaving just Harry. And me. And our love for each other.

Locked away in a tiny bathroom in the back of a small cafe just off Holborn in central London.

Two people accidentally finding each other in a city of eight million.

Maybe it was just a coincidence. Maybe it was just luck.

Or maybe it was serendipity. Fate.

As Harry crouches down, his knees resting on the floor I realize I don't care what it is.

It's exactly what I need.

His hands push my shirt up over my swollen belly, making me shiver as the cool air hits my skin. Large warm palms rest on the surface as my fingers push Harry's hair out of his face.

"Hey in there." He says softly, making a smile break out onto my face. "Have missed you."

His lips press a soft kiss to my stomach, making tears sting my eyes for the second time today. I sniffle, the sound making him glance up at me.

"Love..." Harry frowns, standing up and stepping even closer to me. "Don't cry baby. Please... Can't see you crying."

"I just..." My voice cracks. "I've missed you so much."

"Av." He smiles softly at me as he tugs my shirt back down and rests his hands on my hips. "Seeing you... Jesus love. Kills me being away from you. You've no idea..."

I silence his words by grasping the back of his neck and pulling him towards me.

Kissing him for the first time in what feels like ages. It's been to long.