Chapter 7: Foolproof

13 Weeks Along

-Harry's POV-

A loud exhale escapes my lips as I look over myself once again in the mirror.

My hand brushes through my hair anxiously as I glance at the clock.

"Please tell me you plan on buttoning that shirt all the way up. At this point I'm not sure if you're getting ready for your wedding or auditioning for a high class porno."

I scowl into the mirror at the two eyes peeking over my shoulder.

"Sodd off Gem."

"Just saying." She throws her hands up as she raises her eyebrows. "The camera man's going to be properly confused. Will clothes come off or won't they...?"

"Mummmm."

"Gemma! Leave him be. He looks handsome." My mum smiles, appearing next to me and fixing the collar on my shirt.

"Thanks mum."

I grin triumphantly as Gemma rolls her eyes, "Still think a tie wouldn't kill you."

"It's not me is all." I shrug, still confident in my decision. If there's one time I'm going to be 100% myself, it's today.

"Fine. Do as you must." Gem pats me on the shoulder before smoothing out her dress.

"Says the woman with purple hair..." I stick my tongue out at her before turning to my mum. "I look alright?... Really?"

She nods, her eyes tearing up a bit.

"Please mum. Don't cry already. Whole ceremony still to go..."

"I know." She sniffles as I give her a tight hug, "It can't be helped."

"You look lovely. Let's not run out of tissues before it even starts yeah?" I give her a smile as she presses a kiss to my cheek.

"Just so happy. The wedding and then soon the..." My mum ends her words abruptly, glancing towards Gemma. "Just so happy you found Ava. We all love her so much."

"You see her? She in her dress?"

"Yeah."

I feel a rush of excitement course through my veins. This is happening. Actually happening.

"How's she look? Pretty I bet... Not like she's second guessing it all?"

Gemma chuckles at me, pulling mum and I's attention, "Haz, no way she's pulling a runaway bride. Someone even mentions you and her cheeks flush. Never seen a woman so in love. And it's Ava, of course she looks absolutely stunning."

Didn't think my grin could get any bigger, but it does. Practically hurting my cheeks.

"Your face is going to freeze that way."

"Gemma..." My mum warns. "Make yourself useful. See if Lou needs any help with Ava's hair."

"Fine." She huffs, trudging to the doorway then quickly turning around. A soft expression suddenly gracing her face. "You did good little brother. Couldn't of picked a better one."

"Don't reckon I could of." I smile at her before she shoots me a wink and leaves the room.

My hand wanders through my curls once again as I retrieve my hat. I set it on top of my head and for the fiftieth time today, I take a deep breath.

My mum walks over, her hand softly rubbing my back. Soothing me the same it has since I was in nappies.

"Am about to get married mum." I say quietly. "Bit scared."

"That's normal love."

"Just... Don't want to mess things up. Want her happy... Always."

"She will be if she's with you. You know that."

"Know I will be. Nothing like waking up next to her. Seeing her smile. Just... Have hurt her before. Don't want to do that again. Never want to do that again."

"No one is perfect love. You will make more mistakes. So will she. Love means forgiving. Love means working through the bad. The good times.. They make up for the bad."

"Wise woman is what you are." I smile, squinting as I look down at my boots. "My gonna be a good husband? A good dad?"

"The best."

"If you say so must be true." I chuckle, my eyes meeting my mum's, "Love it already.. the baby. Everything I feel for it... For Av... Feels sometimes like my heart might burst. My mad?"

"No." My mum shakes her head. Another sniffle escaping as she presses a tissue to the corner of her eye. "Not at all."

A sharp knock on the door precedes an overly excited voice. "It's time mate!"

The huge smile on Niall's face mirrors my own.

"Ready for Ava to make an honest lad out of ya?"

"More then." I nod, pressing a quick peck to my mum's cheek, "Keep the blubbering to a minimum yeah? Can't have my own mum stealing attention away from my bride."

I laugh as a quiet whimper leaves her lips, knowing she'll be full on sobbing the second Ava starts walking down the aisle.

I follow Niall out of the room and through the large chateau out to the back garden.

My heart is about ready to beat out of my chest.

The weather is perfect.

The view is amazing.

My plan... it's foolproof.

_________________
Please do me a tiny little favor and vote! I spend soooooo much time on this story and it only takes a second to click that little star! ⭐️