Chapter 35: "My wife."

20 Weeks Along

-Harry's POV-

"You're not getting that. Or that."

"Bugger off Gem. I'll get what I want, is my baby."

"Yes, the poor thing already has to deal with you for a father. Give it a fighting chance, let Ava pick out all the clothes." Gem fusses me, trying to pull baby clothes out of my arms.

"Mum.." I raise my voice. "Please tell Gemma to stop. She's being awful."

"Gemma stop." Mum appears beside us, snatching the clothes out of Gem's hands and giving them back to me. "Let him have his fun."

"Mum, are you seeing this? And this?" Gem crinkles up her face. "They're boys clothes. You're having a girl Haz."

"Well aware." I scowl at her. "Not let off."

"Just cause you wear women's clothes doesn't mean your baby girl should wear boys."

"I do not wear women's clothes!" I huff. "Bloody awful rumor."

"Rumor... Sure.."

"I'm calling Finn and telling him bout that time last summer when you..."

"Stop!" Gem claps her hand over my mouth to shush me, "You'll do no such thing!"

"Won't if you stop being mean."

"Are you guys still fighting?" Ava speaks up, an amused smile on her face as she walks up to us.

"No." Gemma and I say at the same time.

"Yes, they are. I'm ready to leave them here if you are." Mum sighs as she looks at Av.

"No way you're leaving me here with Gem. She's being awful... Think it's that time of the month..."

A sharp tug on my ear makes me yelp.

"If you two don't stop you're going to bed without dinner." Mum scolds us.

Ava laughs, but Gem and I quickly shut up. We both know she couldn't be more serious.

"Now.." Mum's eyes light up, "Prams! Let's look at prams!"

"Prams?" Av questions.

"Stroller." I answer, dropping my handful of clothes into the cart she's pushing around.

She raises her eyebrows when she looks over my selection, but doesn't say a word.

She gets me.

Or intends to return it all. Either way I give Gem a triumphant smile before pushing the cart her way.

"Make yourself useful."

She rolls her eyes but takes the cart, following mum down the aisle towards the prams.

I throw my arm over Ava's small shoulders as she shakes her head at me.

"What?"

"You two..." She laughs. "It's all 'I miss Gem, I need to call Gem' when you're apart, then as soon as you're together you bicker constantly."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"Yeah alright." I press a kiss to her temple with a chuckle. "I always forget how bloody annoying she is..."

"Heard that!" Gem calls over her shoulder, looking back at me with a smirk.

"Meant for you to." I stick my tongue out at her as she flicks me off. "Lovely, isn't she?"