Chapter 8: Fainting Spells Before Wedding Bells

13 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"I can see a pouch."

"Rubbish."

"It's right there."

I poke at my stomach, my eyes fixed on what I swear is the first signs of a baby growing inside of it.

"You're mad Ava." Poppy shakes her head at me, loudly popping the gum in her mouth.

"Am not." I defend myself. "Barely could get this dress zipped up. Got it fitted last week. There's a pouch."

"Look on the bright side. You can eat like a proper pig all you want now."

"I wish. Harry's already has me on some weird diet. I'm about to deny him sex if he keeps denying me carbohydrates."

"Please." Poppy scoffs. "He smirks at you and you're eye fucking him. He knows he's far to fit for that to work."

"Poppy..." I groan, even though she's right. Absolutely and completely right.

"Found it!" Lou announces as she enters the room, a small tube of lip stain in hand. "Lux had run off with it."

"Knows a $40 tube of lip glow when she sees it." Poppy laughs, "Like mother, like daughter."

"More like father, like daughter." Lou corrects her, "She was about to write on the wall with it."

I stifle my giggle as the stain is swiped across my lips.

"Think that's the finishing touch." Lou smiles.

"Am I allowed to finally see myself now?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes!" Lou claps her hands in excitement.

Poppy hurriedly pulls off the sheet that was haphazardly thrown over the full length mirror.

I step in front of it, finally seeing myself in my dress. Hair done. Makeup done.

And suddenly it's real.

I'm getting married.

To Harry.

To my Harry.

"I think I'm gonna faint."

"Shush!" Poppy grabs my hand, giving it a squeeze. "You look cracking!"

"I'm gonna faint."

"Really Ava, simply stunning! Haz is going to have to pull his jaw up off the floor when he sees you." Lou speaks up from behind me.

"I'm not kidding." I shake my head, sucking in a deep breath. "Chair. Now."

"Shite!" Poppy gasps as my knees go weak, grabbing me and guiding me into the chair Lou pushes up behind me.

I take a seat, feeling lightheaded and dizzy.

"You eaten today?" Poppy questions, fanning me unsuccessfully with her hands.

"I think..." I frown, trying to remember. "No... Have been going going going since we got up. Didn't even realize I hadn't."

"Ava!" Poppy scolds, her voice high pitched, "You can't do that! Not with the baby!"

"What?!" Lou's voice fills the entire room as she shrieks.

I give Poppy a look as she groans. "Oh bollocks. Sorry love."

"You're pregnant?!"

I nod, "We're announcing it at the reception."

"Oh my god!" Lou gasps, "This is brilliant!"