Chapter 33: "Are they real?"

20 Weeks Along

-Harry's POV-

I wake up slowly, a warm body and the scent of lavender surrounding me.

Ava.

I squint, the sunlight streaming through through the windows of our London flat making me blink a few times before my eyes get adjusted to it.

Long brown hair is spread out across my pillow. Small slender fingers tracing the outlines of one of my swallow tattoos.

It's something I've grown accustomed to. She tends to wake up before me, her hands always running along the ink staining my skin. I love it.

I've missed it.

I shiver at the feeling, causing big brown eyes to look up at me. A gentle smile gracing the most beautiful face I've ever seen.

"Morning." She says softly, snuggling into me a bit more.

"Mornin'" I grin, holding her tighter as I press a kiss to her forehead.

She yawns, the sound squeaky as her eyes squeeze shut. Fuck I love this woman.

"Hungry?" She asks, peeking up at me again.

"Very."

"Me too. So go cook me something." She purses her lips and narrows her eyes, trying not to smile.

"Demanding little thing, aren't you?" I chuckle, sitting up and leaning over her as she rests on her back.

I press a kiss to her lips. They're soft and pink and full and I can't get enough of them.

"Still hungry." She mumbles against my lips.

I shake my head, finally pulling away from her. "Ask nicely."

"Please?" She raises her eyebrows and it takes everything in me not to kiss her again. And again.

"Please...what?"

"Please make me food. Your baby is hungry." She pouts, patting her stomach.

"Pulling the I'm carrying your baby card I see." I grin at her. "Well played."

She smiles sweetly at me. "Run along then."

"Run along?" I laugh, my hand slowly moving down to her waist. "You want breakfast in bed you'll have to give me something in return."

"And what could you possibly want from me?" She bites her bottom lip, driving me mad.

"Hmmmm. Dunno..." I chew on the inside of my cheek. "Maybe a kiss."

"I think I could do..."

I cut her off before she finishes, pressing my lips against hers. Fuck, her lips are perfect.

"And maybe just one other small thing."

"You want more? So greedy." She teases me.

I smirk as I pull away from her, jumping off the bed and shuffling through my bag on the floor. Once I find what I was looking for, I slide back into bed and give her the envelope in my hand.

"What's this?" She questions as she pulls out a few folded papers.

"Something I.. I would like for you to sign. If you want to, that is." I rub the back of my neck nervously.

Her eyes widen a bit as she glances over the two pieces of paper that already have my signature on them.

"Don't have to decide now." I quickly add. "But thought maybe you could consider it."

"Are they real?" Ava's eyes shoot up to meet mine, her words hitting me like bullet.

"Yeah..." I respond quietly. "I mean yes. They're real. Of course they are. I wouldn't do that... Not again at least."

"I'm sorry." She frowns when she hears the hurt in my voice.

"Don't apologize." I shake my head adamantly. "My fault you have to ask that. Not yours. You've every right to question it."

She nods, taking a deep breath.

"If you don't want to I understand. I probably... probably shouldn't have done this so soon. I'm sorry. You know how I get with you.... It's to soon yeah?" I ramble off, feeling like a fool for doing this right after she decided to give me another chance. "Course it is. Way to soon. I'm a right idiot."

"You're not." She shakes her head, "You're not at all. Just let me think about it alright?"

"Yeah.. Course. Yeah." I nod, looking away from her.

It kills me, bloody well kills me she has to think about it. That she won't just sign them right now. She's still questioning things. Questioning us, and it damn near breaks my heart.

But I only have myself to blame. I deserve this. It fucking hurts like hell, but I deserve this after what I did.

I have the next six days to prove to her we belong together. To show her how truly sorry I am.

Six days to get her to sign the marriage licenses she's holding in her hands.

Six days to make her what she should have been seven weeks ago.

My official wife.

__________________
Double update!! Gotta vote for that right?!