Chapter 10: Going to see a friend

~ONE MONTH LATER~

A warm afternoon nuzzled the cloud's formation with a slight breeze, making it a perfect day to be outside. Jujutsu tech's first year students decided to having a small picnic for their lunch.

"Again!" Nobara demands

"No way man. I won fair and square" you shot back

"You obviously knew I was going to play scissors so you played rock, cheater."

"I'm not a cheater, you just make it easy to predict your moves. Especially your breathing."

"Give it up Kugisaki , she wants a day off from your obsessive shopping habits." Megumi quipped

You and Nobara have gotten really close this past month. She brought you to her shopping trips almost every other day. You weren't complaining but you wanted to go somewhere else today. When you brought this to her attention, she made you duel with Rock, Paper, Scissors to determine the location to occupy your free time.

Nobara just huffed turning away from both of you.

"I'll just go with you tomorrow, I just can't today."

"Where do you even plan on going?"

"I'm going to see a friend, it's her birthday today" you say happily.

"A friend?"

"Mhm! She likes Daffodils, so I was going to buy some on the way there."

"You going by yourself?" Megumi asks masking his concern.

You and Megumi have also gotten close. After you hang out with Kugisaki you usually visit each other's room to enjoy each other's company. He also lets you call him by his first name. He's a bit protective but not to the point where it's suffocating. He will ask questions about your well being and things of the sort.

He didn't know how much you appreciated this gesture. Before it was you being protective of Kiyo, so it was a nice change to have someone to care for you.

"Actually, I was hoping you both would want to accompany me. I know she'd like to see my new friends"

"Hmmm? What's this? A way to see a part of Y/n's mysterious past? I'm in!" Nobara says

"I don't think you'll get anything out of her if that's what you're hoping. What about you Megumi?"

He just nods in acceptance, curious to see little clues of your past.

"Ok then let's get going."

You were elated to finally visit Kiyo with your now new best friends. It's been a long time since you stepped foot in your hometown.

————

You dressed in your casual clothes since it was after school and you weren't training. You met up with your fellow first years by the front of the school onto the road.

You all conversed about silly things while making your way to a flower shop.

"So what's your friend like y/n is she pretty?" Kugisaki asked

"Yea she's very pretty, she liked girly things like you Kugisaki. The last time I saw her she had on a pastel yellow dress."

It was also the dress she died in.

"How long has it been since you've seen her?" Megumi asks curiously

"I was thirteen when I left my town to become a jujutsu sorcerer"

"She must've changed since you've been gone. Will you recognize her?"

"I will. She couldn't have changed that much"