Chapter 54: Lets get him

~SOMEWHERE IN JAPAN~

William's legs pumped repeatedly, jogging through the alleys and streets of Japan. The places he's been, so calm and unbothered. Like there isn't a massacre and tragedy happening in Shibuya. People's faces filled with joy, no worries whatsoever. The sound of his shoes clap onto the floor periodically, his breath producing hot clouds to form every time he exhaled. The cool air stings his wrapped wound on the side of his face, Nanami's permanent damage. He treated his lack of an ear to the best of his ability before trying to search for his nephews.

"Uncle William!" a voice shouted over the crowd of people, waving a hand so the said uncle can spot them.

William's head jerks towards the voice, letting out a sigh of relief seeing two of the three nephews. One seemed elated to reunite with his family while the other looked the other way in indifference. They had the same face but their personalities couldn't be more different.

Once upon a time, the twins almost seemed like one person, almost everything they did was in perfect sync. Until one day one started to stray away as his power grew stronger. Wanting more, needing more, he would train like there was no tomorrow with the help of his father.

Someone whose relevance to the L/n family is prominent.

"Just where have you two been?" William asked, his tone demanding answers. "I thought you guys only went to get popcorn."

"Asher wanted to use the restroom so we waited for him before we can go and buy it, but he never came out." Jesse, one of the twins explained. "We've been searching ever since!"

Ameer, the other twin scoffed so only he could hear. Thinking about all the time they've wasted looking for Asher when they could have met you.

You, the person both he and his father secretly detest. The vessel of Deidamia, someone they somewhat respected - if you can call it that, for she is the reason for their power.

He was curious as to why William was so fixated on your power. Why all his attention seemed to lead back to you. A girl that doesn't even bear the L/n name, to be replaced with the familial name of the strongest sorcerer.

Better yet, the candidates to take over the clan once William steps down are all of the clan head's nephews.

And only niece.

Since William has no child of his own.

Asher and Jesse were strong favorites among the L/n population back in America. However, William favors Ameer, and a girl that hold the empress of death within herself.

Ameer knew this.

He's noticed how precise William would get when speaking to him, almost leading him by the hand to the throne. William saw Ameer's potential and his diligent attitude towards hard work, a perfect almost textbook example of a clan leader. However with one obstacle in the way.

You. A girl he has yet to meet. A girl that knows nothing of the L/n clan, somehow a candidate to become the top of L/n.

Ameer found it vexing, his father's pressure also weighed on him.

How very vexing.

William sighed loudly, not caring about the people giving him weird looks from behind. Especially when he had a bandage wrapped around his head, not something you see everyday. He tapped his foot anxiously as he thought of what to do next.

Jesse observed his uncle's fidgeting before he asked a question that's been on his mind since William called him. "Did you meet Y/n L/n? Is she why your injured?" He asks, his soft voice breaking William from his thoughts.